Black Sunday in Tennessee [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Black Sunday in Tennessee

3-LockBox
04-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I just found out that two of my sisters were caught up in Sunday's incredibly deadly string of twisters, some reported up to a half a mile wide. Up to 24 are dead in two counties (my old stomping ground) My older sister was home alone when the tornado hit her 60 year old farm house. The house and all of the barns and storage sheds were discintergrated. She said it was like an explosion. Most all of her pets are dead. She's lucky to be alive. My younger sister's house is damaged but might be slavagible.

Some say the towns looks like a picture of Hiroshima. My brother says the landscape is littered with fallen trees. The governor is asking for the two counties to be declared disaster areas. Whole families were killed in an instant.

And I was thinking just the other day how nice it would be to see that old farm one more time, since I spent many a summer there in my youth. That won't be happening.

Bernd
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Wow, that's heavy. I am sorry to hear that, but it's good to hear your siblings are alright. I have a friend who lives between Knoxville and Gatlinburg and he got away lightly. Just some branches come crashing down.
Take care

Bernd:(

Dusty Chalk
04-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Glad to hear your sisters survived, too bad about the farm.

Yeah, I've seen post-tornado areas. Long strips of land just flattened, and fully untouched buildings right next to them.

ForeverAutumn
04-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Wow. That really sucks. But a house can be rebuilt. Thankfully, your sisters and their families are fine (sorry about the pets).