One more nail in the coffin (King Kong DVD sales) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : One more nail in the coffin (King Kong DVD sales)

paul_pci
04-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Digital Bits is reporting that retailers sold 6.5 million copies of King Kong in the first week of its release! Given its tepid reign at the box office, this may serve as proof positive that people are really waiting for the DVD and not merely paying frustrated lip service to the topic of going to the movies or not. Regardless of whether you liked Jackson's version or not, this seems like a noteworthy factoid.

GMichael
04-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I wanted to see/hear Kong on a decent system. That leaves out the theater near me. They always turn it up too loud. The speakers distort and I don't enjoy the experience.
I just watched it at home Sunday. Thought it was great there. Made my own popcorn and popped open a brew.

It doesn't get any better than this.

shokhead
04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Doesnt get any cheaper either. Buy the movie,popcorn and 6er is about the same as a ticket,a small old popcorn and a waterdown soda.

paul_pci
04-04-2006, 10:07 AM
I wanted to see/hear Kong on a decent system. That leaves out the theater near me. They always turn it up too loud. The speakers distort and I don't enjoy the experience.
I just watched it at home Sunday. Thought it was great there. Made my own popcorn and popped open a brew.

It doesn't get any better than this.

I hear you brother!