In Wall Speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : In Wall Speakers?

giuseppe13
04-04-2006, 06:18 AM
I am planning my living room home theater. I am strongly considering In Wall speakers to reserve floor space. I was wondering if there any opinions regarding the POLK Audio in wall speakers as these are in my price range. In Wall speakers in general?

Buffalo Bill
04-04-2006, 08:07 AM
I have used Polk in-walls for my rear speakers for about 5 years now and LOVE them. My model is no longer available, but at the time they retailed for about $600/pair. I was a little skeptical about them as I had always had on-wall mosters that I loved but my wife just hated. When we moved, I made a compromise and bought the in-walls. I have been a happy boy ever since. The new models also have a directional tweeter (mine do not) which is a very nice feature as well. I have them mounted in the ceiling behind the listening area as the room is wide open with a 14 foot ceiling. They take a ton of wattage as well. Only problem I have is when I really crank the tunes or movies, the grilles will begin to come loose from the speaker. Highly recommend Polks!!