Anybody Using CAIG DeOxit Liquid??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Using CAIG DeOxit Liquid???

Scott in Jersey
04-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Been doing some additional research on my integrated amp left channel audio loss and came across this product recomendation on another site. Didn't know if it might resolve my issue by cleaning the rca contacts befor going the expensive technician repair route? Thanks for any advice.

hermanv
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
In my experience contact cleaner will help clean up some low level grunge on the sound and will help a cable that is intermittent, i.e all or nothing when you wriggle it.

I have not experienced a change in volume, if its a dirty connection, then the volume should change if you wriggle the offending connection while you listen.

Its generally not a good idea to remove the cable while the volume is turned up because a very loud blast of hum is the most likely consequence.

natlus
04-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Yup, used and use this cleaner to clean up my NAD 7240 receiver, especially the pots. One technique, if I remember right, is to wiggle the particular pot you're cleaning so as to both really clean and also to not let the cleaner build up. Cleaned RCA contacts too--I've read elsewhere that some of the other contact cleaners, like "TV Tuner" cleaner sold at Radio shack can be hazardous to your stereo's health, and that the Deoxit is of a better caliber.