Best movies seen lately [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best movies seen lately

MikeG
11-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Kill Bill - t'was pretty violent, but I loved the manga clip.
Trinity and Beyond - documentry narrated by William Shatner about atomic bombs. Footage, music & narration were excellent.

Kam
11-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Have missed a lot of the latest releases but i really enjoyed Revolutions for what it was.

Saw The Birds on tv the other day, and that just keeps getting better. Can't beat HItchy.

C Bennett
11-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I want to go see this but have limited time :) I know it will be good..or at least hope so.

bogrod
11-15-2003, 11:24 AM
Have missed a lot of the latest releases but i really enjoyed Revolutions for what it was.

Hey Kam - I didn't get a chance to see Revolutions, but I have heard a lot of bad press about it. Care to elaborate? :)

Kam
11-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey Kam - I didn't get a chance to see Revolutions, but I have heard a lot of bad press about it. Care to elaborate? :)

This was my take on the whole trilogy. The first one, imo, was groundbreaking in its story above and beyond its special fx (which it did take ideas done before and added a great twist to with their 'bullet time'). I was not expecting the same level of story from the two sequels, i was expecting a completion of the story begun in the first one. So it's pretty much like the first two got a "free pass" card by riding on the coattails of the first one. Could they have been better movies? of course, as stand alone movies they are VERY, VERY weak. The story of both movies could be combined in a 30 minute short. But as a completion to the first matrix, they are very enjoyable. they needed to complete the story for me in an enjoyable way and they did that. there were a few cool concepts/thoughts in the other two that they touched upon but could not/ did not delve into with the intricacy they did in the first one, and that's a bummer, BUT... for what i was expecting, they came through. If you are a fan of sci-fi you'll see how much the wachowski brother's borrowed from other movies in The Matrix. I didn't see as much in Reloaded, but that movie can not stand on its own. Revolutions continues its heavy handed borrowing from other sci fi storylines, predominantly Dune (the books, not the movies). I thought they did a good job with it though and that there is a difference between artful borrowing like this, just as Star Wars is The Hidden Fortress in space, and bad stealing/remakes.

Contrast that with T3 which, imo, was utter garbage and can totally understand why Cameron stayed away from it. without his script, it was crap.

tommc
11-17-2003, 07:15 PM
You definately gotta check out Mystic River...I guess I'm a little biased cause I live in the Boston area, but it's a damn good flic...

GrendelZ
11-22-2003, 06:12 PM
I love Trinity & Beyond,awesome show that will amaze and terrify you at the same time.There is just something hypnotic about a mushroom cloud.