Popcorn from my Powered subwoofer..... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Popcorn from my Powered subwoofer.....

swwdts
04-01-2006, 08:05 PM
:confused: I have a 100watt powered subwoofer & when the setting are NOT on 80Hz & 60watts, the subwoofer sounds just like a bag of popcorn popping in a microwave.? :confused5: Why ? Is it the cheap sub in it or is it the amp? :confused:

Wireworm5
04-02-2006, 07:08 AM
I first used my CV sub which I thought was good, I didn't know any better. Then when I moved my system to the basement this sub sounded boomy in this room. I didn't try to adjust the sub settings on receiver to address the problem. I just didn't know I could do this with my receiver. I went out and bought a CHT 10 Velodyne sub. I might have bought the Paradigm 2200 but the dealer didn't have it hooked up and failed to play it for me. Anyways I get this sub home and hook it up. Immediately it was obvious to me the CV sub was junk. This sub sounded clean and powerful in comparison and there was no boominess to the bass in my basement room. And this isn't even a TTL sub.
I guess the lesson here is if its junk equipment it will sound like crap. You just may not know it.

abulgan
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
:confused: I have a 100watt powered subwoofer & when the setting are NOT on 80Hz & 60watts, the subwoofer sounds just like a bag of popcorn popping in a microwave.? :confused5: Why ? Is it the cheap sub in it or is it the amp? :confused:

pop-up sounds appears when u reach the limit of sub

swwdts
04-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info abulgan.

jrflanne
04-03-2006, 02:33 PM
I bought a CHV 10 for movies on ebay for about $200. The seller put in in a big box packed with styrofoam peanuts. The peanuts would blow out of the port and then get sucked back in. Not a big fan of the sub but the cat sure liked playing with those damn peanuts.

swwdts
04-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I have been told never to buy anything audio from ebay due to it maybe blown or been in a flood. P.S. I guess for a cat that would be fun.

Worf101
04-04-2006, 04:59 AM
I bought a CHV 10 for movies on ebay for about $200. The seller put in in a big box packed with styrofoam peanuts. The peanuts would blow out of the port and then get sucked back in. Not a big fan of the sub but the cat sure liked playing with those damn peanuts.

Man I can just see some crazy cat pouncing on popcorn kernels as they scatter and scootch across the floor. LOL. What a great image. Wish you had video of that. Cat's are such funny creatures. Wish I could have one but I'm allergic. You're lucky, I know pets can drive you crazy but they can give so much love...

Da Worfster

GMichael
04-04-2006, 05:22 AM
Man I can just see some crazy cat pouncing on popcorn kernels as they scatter and scootch across the floor. LOL. What a great image. Wish you had video of that. Cat's are such funny creatures. Wish I could have one but I'm allergic. You're lucky, I know pets can drive you crazy but they can give so much love...

Da Worfster

OK mister! Where is the real Worf and what have you done to him?
Cat?
Scootch?
Love?
Pouncing?

These are words I would expect to hear/read from that softy Gmichael.

superpanavision70mm
04-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Wanna know something cool? I purchased my PSB Image 7PT's several months ago, which have a built in powered sub. They result is: AMAZING! The smoothest bass I've heard and the best part...no isolated subwoofer. However, I am now using my sub at a different frequency and I can adjust my towers to offset the bass, thus resulting in various bass frequences, which if you are a bass fan...it's ideal!