What is spinning? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is spinning?

Swish
04-01-2006, 08:34 AM
I guess I'm just tired of going thru 5 pages of the "other" thread to see what was posted last, so I'm all about starting a new one. Anyone with me? :ciappa:

Right now I'm listening to Movies With Heroes - Nothing Here is Perfect (shameless plug for my son-in-law's band).

Swish

Bernd
04-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I am with you.
Enjoying this Saturday early evening:

"Tom Verlaine - Flash Light".

Peace

Bernd:8:

Slosh
04-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Enema - Tool
Zombie Eaters - Faith No More
Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
Bury Me - Smashing Pumpkins
Away - Toadies
Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden
Sickman - Alice In Chains
Regular People (Conceit) - Pantera
Broken Peace - Prong
Honey Bucket - Melvins
Lifter - Deftones
Propaganda - Sepultura
Workhorse - Mastodon
Harvester Of Sorror - Metallica
Welcome To Planet Motherf<a>ucker/Psychoholic Slag - White Zombie
Just One Fix - Ministry
Without A Face - Rage Against The Machine

RAWK!!!

Davey
04-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Cool that they're actually making music you like. As happens pretty frequently as of late, Califone's previous incarnation of Red Red Meat is spinning here. Bunny Gets Paid is the CD. Snowbunny's favorite cover. This song's called "Gauze", and I don't always know what that Rutili guy is talking about in his oblique and fragmented lyrics, I guess some blood and crying and a kiss in this case, but it seems to make perfect sense anyway ...

mink eyed, marble eyed
in the gauze, in the weeds
by the drain, red on pale
there's a nail by the vent
sweet for your heel in the gauze
marble eyed, waiting there
kiss your mouth to shut you up

http://www.pastrysharp.com/site/mp3s/rrmGauze.mp3

http://www.subpop.com/minis/0318-1_big.gif

Just a very cool and hypnotic wall of fuzzed out guitars, with some bluesy vibrato and sliding acoustic and lots of colorful effects. I was reading something awhile back about them originally wanting to use the Hungarian medicine poster below for the cover, but couldn't get copyright clearance or something :skep:

http://pages.ripco.net/~economy/images/bunny.jpg

Davey
04-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I am with you.
Enjoying this Saturday early evening:

"Tom Verlaine - Flash Light".

Peace

Bernd:8:
Man, I love Verlaine. Did you see where he has two albums coming out this month? One is an instrumental album like the great Warm and Cool, and the other has vocals. Almost like the early 90s when he released Warm and Cool at the same time as the Television reunion album.
-----------------------------------------------------------
around
by Tom Verlaine

Thrill Jockey
thrill 174 • 2006

ALBUM RELEASE DATE OF APRIL 25, 2006

around continues where Warm and Cool left off, using many of the same musicians. Billy Ficca's mostly-improvised drumming shares the spotlight with Verlaine's guitar, whose varied tones move effortlessly from melody to rhythm and are at once panoramic, pastoral and atmospheric. The influence of Verlaine's love of jazz saxophone is manifested in sustained single-note melodies and his expert finesse is rousing.

tentoze
04-01-2006, 09:14 AM
All-day Barry Manilow marathon here.

Dusty Chalk
04-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Why don't you just click on the little down-arrow button to the immediate left of the name of the thread? Should take you straight to the point where you left off.

Swish
04-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Why don't you just click on the little down-arrow button to the immediate left of the name of the thread? Should take you straight to the point where you left off.

I was goofing on our friend Bernd since he's had like 2000 hits and over 200 responses to his simple "What is Spinning" thread. Hence the smily face after my text.:ciappa:

Swish - April Fool on yer a<a>ss.

Bernd
04-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Man, I love Verlaine. Did you see where he has two albums coming out this month? One is an instrumental album like the great Warm and Cool, and the other has vocals. Almost like the early 90s when he released Warm and Cool at the same time as the Television reunion album.
-----------------------------------------------------------
around
by Tom Verlaine

Thrill Jockey
thrill 174 • 2006

ALBUM RELEASE DATE OF APRIL 25, 2006

around continues where Warm and Cool left off, using many of the same musicians. Billy Ficca's mostly-improvised drumming shares the spotlight with Verlaine's guitar, whose varied tones move effortlessly from melody to rhythm and are at once panoramic, pastoral and atmospheric. The influence of Verlaine's love of jazz saxophone is manifested in sustained single-note melodies and his expert finesse is rousing.

Thanks for the tip Davey. No, I have not heard that. I will investigate. Man, so little time, so much music.
I followed "Flash Light" with "Words from the Front" last night, so an almost 90 min Verlaine bliss session.

Anyway, it's Sunday morning and the ear candy is provided by:

"Lori McKenna - Bittertown",

followed in a circular fashion by

"G.W.McLennan - Watershed".

Peace

Bernd:16:

P.S. Swish - you got me.

Swish
04-02-2006, 03:51 PM
P.S. Swish - you got me.

:prrr

Swish: