Sony XBR 60 " SXRD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sony XBR 60 " SXRD

ryk
04-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Does anyone own this set??? I have been looking at DLP televisions..but I saw this in the the store and it looks great!!! I saw this set in a high end store in a room without the glaring flourecent lighting. I was there next to LG LCD's, Mit DLP's and Pioneer's Plasmas. I really got to take a good look at a wide variety of sets. This set seems to hit the mark - picture wise. Any opinons on this set??? I can get it for 3899.00.

ToddL
04-01-2006, 07:56 AM
I have sold about 10 of these and people couldn't be happier. The picture is better than anything else that I have seen. That is a good price.
Pluses-
Can sit as close as you want with no "screen door"
4ms refresh so you can actually watch sports on it
the silicon gives it a "3-d effect"
the 1080p upscaler makes weak signals look good
the tech specs are amazing and have been tested to hold true
Has real black levels

Minus
Could be a little smaller physically. aestheitics are not for everyone.

edtyct
04-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Many people consider the Sony SXRDs the best consumer sets made--that is, since the demise of CRT. They have their color quirks, but they do a whole more right than wrong.

swicken
04-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Does anyone own this set??? I have been looking at DLP televisions..but I saw this in the the store and it looks great!!! I saw this set in a high end store in a room without the glaring flourecent lighting. I was there next to LG LCD's, Mit DLP's and Pioneer's Plasmas. I really got to take a good look at a wide variety of sets. This set seems to hit the mark - picture wise. Any opinons on this set??? I can get it for 3899.00.

the SX in SXRD stands for SEX because thats what you'll want to do to it once you get it home.

Just close your blinds please.

Seriously though, best TV around, tried tested and true.

wayner86
04-01-2006, 12:26 PM
If you're interested in LCoS sets then Sony's SXRD and JVC's HD-iLA are both worth a look. If you need more info you could drop by AVSforum.com theres quite a few posts from many owners of this technology. Just remember lots of people on that forum own these sets and any negatives will be discussed in detail. Both JVC and Sony have had a couple hiccups and some less-than-perfect sets got out to the consumer, Sony had a problem with a "green blob" and JVC had some lamps blow prematurely. Don't let these types of things sway you from LCoS sets though (LCoS is still at the top of my list), im sure the companies fixed these problems long ago, just be sure to shop around a bit and view the sets for a period of time before you dive in.

Good Luck!

Wayne

swicken
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
If you're interested in LCoS sets then Sony's SXRD and JVC's HD-iLA are both worth a look. If you need more info you could drop by AVSforum.com theres quite a few posts from many owners of this technology. Just remember lots of people on that forum own these sets and any negatives will be discussed in detail. Both JVC and Sony have had a couple hiccups and some less-than-perfect sets got out to the consumer, Sony had a problem with a "green blob" and JVC had some lamps blow prematurely. Don't let these types of things sway you from LCoS sets though (LCoS is still at the top of my list), im sure the companies fixed these problems long ago, just be sure to shop around a bit and view the sets for a period of time before you dive in.

Good Luck!

Wayne

Yeah, but JVCs doesn't look as good, so buy the Sony.