Confession time [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Confession time

Mr Peabody
03-30-2006, 08:57 PM
OK, if you are brave, or, stupid, what do you have in your music collection that you really don't want your buds to find out about?

I'll reveal a little. In accepting free vinyl and buying cheap bunches, I've hung on to a couple secret, not sacred, pieces. Stuck somewhere between Def Leppard and the Doobies I have a couple Neil Diamond albums. I usually try to listen to an album before discarding it and I found the Diamond albums to have excellent sound quality and some of the music isn't bad. Also, in that area between Charlie Daniels and Def Leppard if you look hard you will see a Doris Day album. This is a mono album and again the sound was surprisingly good. I.... just kept it because I like... one of her movies, yeah! that's it.

That's as far out on the limb as I'm going until you show me yours.

3-LockBox
03-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Janet Jackson and Kelly Clarkson.

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2006, 05:34 AM
Confession Time

I thought that you were going to tell us that you were really a woman trapped in a man's body. :yikes:

I have a Partridge Family CD. As a little kid, my cousin and I used to watch The Partridge Family and I have such great memories of the two of us and that time in my life. Several years ago I saw this Partridge Family disk in a sales bin and I picked it up on a whim. I think that I listened to it once, threw up, and it's never been played again. But it is kind of neat to have around just as a reminder of being a kid.

Dave918
03-31-2006, 06:32 AM
If its in my collection, its there for a reason. Nothing to confess or hide.

Now where the hell did I put that Ktel Disco Explosion disk. Play that funky music and (shake, shake, shake) shake your booty! :ciappa:

-dave

Duds
03-31-2006, 06:51 AM
Andreas Vollenweider

OK, if you are brave, or, stupid, what do you have in your music collection that you really don't want your buds to find out about?

I'll reveal a little. In accepting free vinyl and buying cheap bunches, I've hung on to a couple secret, not sacred, pieces. Stuck somewhere between Def Leppard and the Doobies I have a couple Neil Diamond albums. I usually try to listen to an album before discarding it and I found the Diamond albums to have excellent sound quality and some of the music isn't bad. Also, in that area between Charlie Daniels and Def Leppard if you look hard you will see a Doris Day album. This is a mono album and again the sound was surprisingly good. I.... just kept it because I like... one of her movies, yeah! that's it.

That's as far out on the limb as I'm going until you show me yours.

Hyfi
03-31-2006, 07:34 AM
I have some Yanni, Swing Out Sister, and a few John Tesh videos from PBS.

Hyfi

Hawkeye
03-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok, I admit to having a Yanni cd that I don't even remember where it came from. I had a couple INXS cds that I traded in. Apologies to any INXS fans but they were just not my thing. Oh, and I have an unopened 30 year old vinyl copy of Grand Funk's "All the Girls in the World Beware!!!" http://www.grandfunkrailroad.com/69to99.htm What was I thinking???

KEXPMF
03-31-2006, 08:37 AM
I have TLC's 1st album.

kexodusc
03-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Don't laugh...I have a Creed CD, "My Own Prison"...Gotta admit....there were 3 or 4 catchy riffs on the album, not to mention the occasional odd time signature.

Got some Styx and Chicago in there as well. Actually, the Chicago stuff from their cocaine years isn't all bad, and it's all very well recorded.

I see some Foreigner CD's in there too, but I swear they're not mine (honest).

My wife's obsessive fixation with Sarah MacLaughlin and Ben Folds clutters my CD racks too.

GMichael
03-31-2006, 08:45 AM
My dirty little secrets will die with me when I go. I'll never talk and no one here can make me.
:nono:

Bernd
03-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I have just spotted "REO Speedwagon - The Hits" in the rack, can't be? Can it? What Hits?

It's not mine.

Bernd:6:

JohnMichael
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Carpenters "The Singles" on vinyl. Hangs head.........walks away............won't be posting for awhile. Top that humiliation GMichael.

GMichael
03-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Carpenters "The Singles" on vinyl. Hangs head.........walks away............won't be posting for awhile. Top that humiliation GMichael.

I got worse. But it didn't work. I still won't say.

Dusty Chalk
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Britney Spears? Barney?

BradH
03-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Britney Spears? Barney?

That's actually her uncle, Barney Spears.

Hey, why do you have "Frankenpenis" under your moniker?

Does that mean it needs technology to rise from the dead?

Brad
(whose collection is utterly hip and cutting edge...except for the 98 percent that's not.)

3-LockBox
03-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey, why do you have "Frankenpenis" under your moniker?

Does that mean it needs technology to rise from the dead?

I think that would fall under the catergory of TMI (too much information)

Dusty Chalk
04-01-2006, 02:48 AM
'cuz I couldn't think of anything better.
Does that mean it needs technology to rise from the dead?Mmm...electricity...

Slosh
04-01-2006, 06:02 AM
I have Elvis Costello's North in my sprawling collection.

When I saw it in the store for the first time I thought to myself, hey I like a lot of his songs and it's SACD. A no-brainer, right? Nope, this is one of those instances where I should have read some reviews on it first. I should probably give it to my grandmother.

NP: Loose Fur - Born Again In The USA (which is very good, BTW)

Mr Peabody
04-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I think Dusty might end up being the weiner, I mean winner, if we can verify he actually owns Barney & Brittany. "I love you, you love me...."

I also have a couple Yanni. I wonder if his female violinist has any solo albums. I have about 3 Creed CD's, there's no shame there, they rock.

The Partridge Family is ranking up there pretty good too. Several of those TV/Pop groups usually have at least one decent song though. The Partridges, I Think I Love You; The Archies, Sugar Sugar. Well, I can't think of a Bay City Roller song, let alone one I like. I remember Sugar Sugar came on the back of a cereal box way back in the early 70's.

BradH
04-01-2006, 01:49 PM
I remember Sugar Sugar came on the back of a cereal box way back in the early 70's.

I remember that. It was 1970. I couldn't get the damned thing to lay down flat.

I told my grandpa it was my band. You know, like we couldn't get a wax deal or something.

A neighbor kid told me Tommy James & the Shondell's was HIM. He said, "Oh yeah, I had a beard and long hair."

BTW, 2 weeks ago I saw The Banana Splits on a bootleg trade list.

Swish
04-01-2006, 03:51 PM
..I have Elton John's "Yellowbrick Road", and I don't know why, although I do like the song "Funeral for a Friend". Despite the dreadful schlock that has become his staple over the last couple decades, I always liked his very early stuff, especially 11-17-70, Tumbleweed Connection and Madman Across the Water. I know there are more sins in my cd cases, but I'd have to dig deep to find them.

Swish

newtrix1
04-01-2006, 04:54 PM
By a group called Yech???:o

and this one, (which I'm tossing today)!!! Not even the cover art is worth the humiliation.

http://www.gt350mustang.com/tt/ttd/perf10cd.jpg

Mr Peabody
04-01-2006, 07:01 PM
The Banana Splits, that takes me back. I saw that show a couple years ago on that cartoon channel called Kaboom. Our cable company don't carry it but Dishnet did. Kaboom is a cool channel, it's like TV Land for cartoons.

Slosh
04-01-2006, 10:19 PM
..I have Elton John's "Yellowbrick Road", and I don't know whyOh yeah, I have that too but mine's $1.00 thriftshop double vinyl, at least. Another mint thriftshop LP I have that pretty much sucks is Rod Stewart's POS Foot Loose & Fancy Free, but the 75 cents I paid for this is worth it for "I Was Only Joking" alone. Great song but stuck on a horrible album.

Slosh
04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Not even the cover art is worth the humiliation.

http://www.gt350mustang.com/tt/ttd/perf10cd.jpgRick wins! :p

See? Your little league coach was right. Winning isn't everything.

Dusty Chalk
04-02-2006, 04:13 AM
I think Dusty might end up being the weiner, I mean winner, if we can verify he actually owns Barney & Brittany. "I love you, you love me...."What, me? No, I was guessing GMichael's confessions.

Actually, I do own some Brittany, but I hate Barney. Effin' bigger plagiarizer than John Williams.

GMichael
04-02-2006, 06:30 AM
What, me? No, I was guessing GMichael's confessions.

Actually, I do own some Brittany, but I hate Barney. Effin' bigger plagiarizer than John Williams.

OK OK,

I have 3, count them, 3 Britney Spears CD's. There, I said it. Now I'll just hide under my bed for a week.

Bernd
04-02-2006, 08:06 AM
OK OK,

I have 3, count them, 3 Britney Spears CD's. There, I said it. Now I'll just hide under my bed for a week.

3 - three - tres - drei - Brocolli Spears, can't be, GMichael, you surely made a mistake here (I am giving you a way out man, take it.) Now what three discs you wanted to share with us?

Peace

Bernd:ciappa:

GMichael
04-02-2006, 08:18 AM
3 - three - tres - drei - Brocolli Spears, can't be, GMichael, you surely made a mistake here (I am giving you a way out man, take it.) Now what three discs you wanted to share with us?

Peace

Bernd:ciappa:

Oh the shame of it all. Here are my excuses::idea:

1) The wifey made me do it.:incazzato:
2) I was deaf that week.:sleep:
3) I just bought them for the pictures.:cornut:
4) I heard that she only made 38 mil that year, and wanted to help out the less fortunate.:ciappa:
5) I like pain.:arf:
6) Couldn't resist how she looked in that school girl outfit.:ihih:
7) My evil twin came back from an alien planet and PUT these into my collection.:devil:
8) I actually have worse than these and used Britney as my misdirectional tactic.:yikes:

Bernd
04-02-2006, 08:22 AM

4) I heard that she only made 38 mil that year, and wanted to help out the less fortunate.:ciappa:
7) My evil twin came back from an alien planet and PUT these into my collection.:devil:
8) I actually have worse than these and used Britney as my misdirectional tactic.:yikes:

I believe # 1 and # 6, but # 8 no way that is impossible. There is nothing beneath the bottom of the barrel.

Peace

Bernd:confused:

ForeverAutumn
04-02-2006, 09:31 AM

You win the "Best Use of Smilies in a Post" award, for sure.

Now, keep your acceptance speech short, please. :10:

SlumpBuster
04-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I have just spotted "REO Speedwagon - The Hits" in the rack, can't be? Can it? What Hits?

It's not mine.

Bernd:6:

Hey?!? What?!? Harsh, man... real harsh. :D I have every REO Speedwagon record that was released on LP and a concert DVD. Speedwagon Rulez!

JohnMichael
04-02-2006, 10:01 AM

I must agree the best and most appropriate use of Smilies in a post. My favorite though is:15: I just love rainbow colors.

GMichael
04-02-2006, 12:00 PM
You win the "Best Use of Smilies in a Post" award, for sure.

Now, keep your acceptance speech short, please. :10:

Accepting the award for "Best Use of Smiles in a Post" for Michael is his evil brother George.

Hello, Mike could not be here tonight. He is still under his bed sobbing something about no one ever respecting him again. I tried to tell him that no one respected him to begin with, but it didn't seem to help. So I'm here to accept his award for "The Most Gratuitous Use of the Word Belgium in a Serious Screenplay." Oh, sorry. Well, you know. Mike would like me to thank all the little people who helped him to get where he is today. So, thank you to his 4' 7" wife. As well as thanks to Mr Peabody for starting this thread. Thanks to JohnMichael and Dusty and Bernd for tormenting him enough to answer. Thank you to FA and agian to JohnMichael for nominating him. More thanks to the admin here at AR for adding all the great new smiley faces. And most of all, thanks to me for putting those CD's in his collection without his knowledge. Sniff, this has been the greatest moment of my, uh.... his posting career. Thank you all.......

Hyfi
04-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I also have a couple Yanni. I wonder if his female violinist has any solo albums.

She plays on a disk called Vertu with Stanley Clarke. Most excellent!

Hyfi

Mr Peabody
04-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks, Hyfi, I'll have to check that out. I also like Stanley Clarke.

I also like Rod Stewart's Foot Loose and Fancy Free album a great deal. Don't be ashamed of that. I like the sound quality as well. I mean it's got some analog noise but the live or raw sound of the drums I like.

I feel like Dr. Frankenstein. This monster is out of control. The horror of some one actually owning Brittany Spears albums, it's too much!! Of course, it did motivate GM to his award winning status he so deservatively enjoys.

Bernd
04-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey?!? What?!? Harsh, man... real harsh. :D I have every REO Speedwagon record that was released on LP and a concert DVD. Speedwagon Rulez!

I am sorry. It was used to cover up something much more disturbing I spotted too.

Peace

Bernd:ihih:

Bernd
04-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Accepting the award for "Best Use of Smiles in a Post" for Michael is his evil brother George.

Hello, Mike could not be here tonight. He is still under his bed sobbing something about no one ever respecting him again. I tried to tell him that no one respected him to begin with, but it didn't seem to help. So I'm here to accept his award for "The Most Gratuitous Use of the Word Belgium in a Serious Screenplay." Oh, sorry. Well, you know. Mike would like me to thank all the little people who helped him to get where he is today. So, thank you to his 4' 7" wife. As well as thanks to Mr Peabody for starting this thread. Thanks to JohnMichael and Dusty and Bernd for tormenting him enough to answer. Thank you to FA and agian to JohnMichael for nominating him. More thanks to the admin here at AR for adding all the great new smiley faces. And most of all, thanks to me for putting those CD's in his collection without his knowledge. Sniff, this has been the greatest moment of my, uh.... his posting career. Thank you all.......

Stop it George. I am still aching from laughing. Well done.

Bernd:)

Mr MidFi
04-03-2006, 09:54 AM
There is no shortage of "embarassments" in my collection, including no fewer than FOUR Elton John albums. But I have to say in my defense that I have NEVER owned a Billy Joel album of any kind (although I did have "Captain Jack" on a mixed tape once).

Like many folks, I have U2 in my collection. But unlike most of you, I have every goddamn thing they ever released. That's a little blush-inducing.

By far, the single most mortifying CD in my racks is a "Best Of" collection from Jefferson Starship...but I had absolutely nothing to do with it (blame the wife).

NP: Sting...'nuf said.