Heard the James Gang is riding again [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Heard the James Gang is riding again

Mr Peabody
03-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I heard today that Joe and the boys may be getting together for a small tour this year. They already have have concert dates set for Sturgeous and a couple other cities which I've forgotten.

Anyone want to wager on which classic rock band resorrects next?

3-LockBox
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
well...Mr. Walsh watched people plunk down top dollar for tickets to see the Eagles play pedestrian versions their greatest hits, for 4 or 5 years, without any new music whatsoever.

I'm sure the same people will pay top dollar to hear Rocky Mountain Way just one_ more_ time.

Anyone want to wager on which classic rock band ressorects next?

Dude, a lot of old bands you never hear anything new from aren't always disbanded; they're playing fair and rodeo circuits all over. Bands like Kansas, Heart, Styx, ZZ Top, Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, etc. are always around somewhere (and coming soon, The Cars). Bands like Yes don't make much of a stir in the states but can still sell out Europian venues to this day.

shokhead
03-31-2006, 06:59 AM
They are also ending up doing a lot of dates in Vegas also.

jasn
03-31-2006, 08:31 AM
After seeing Joe play on that last Eagles DVD from Australia I'm afraid he's waited too long to pull this off.

BradH
03-31-2006, 06:23 PM
After seeing Joe play on that last Eagles DVD from Australia I'm afraid he's waited too long to pull this off.

I wouldn't bet on that. Walsh & the James Gang toured in 2001. The bootleg I've got from one of the shows is excellent.