PDA

View Full Version : Kef IQ3

abulgan
03-30-2006, 09:19 AM
tell your thoughts about this Eisa Award Winner Speaker

tried?listened?or already have ?

matt39
03-31-2006, 05:27 AM
I have seen it but haven't had the chance to listen yet. If the IQ3 is an improvement on the Q1 then it is a pretty good speaker.
Gary

ToddL
03-31-2006, 06:38 AM
I am listening to the Q3's right now. It is outdoing Klipsch RB25's, PSB B25's, and Infinity Beta20's. These aren't the same as iQ3's but they are what they replaced.
The Q3's have a better rounded sound than Q1's, there is more to their bottom end.

abulgan
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
think i'm gonna buy cheaper brother of IQ3 that would be IQ1

IQ3 is 45 hz bottom and IQ1 50hz,hope this doesn't make any difference in a small room,cause IQ1 is enough for small room they say in reviews and my room is about 2110 cubic feet,tell me guys it is enough?my B&W 602 has 49 hz bottom and it is really enough 4 me.....

Beta 20 has 58 hz
RB-25 has 49 hz but 75 watts and a bit expensive

abulgan
04-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I am listening to the Q3's right now. It is outdoing Klipsch RB25's, PSB B25's, and Infinity Beta20's. These aren't the same as iQ3's but they are what they replaced.
The Q3's have a better rounded sound than Q1's, there is more to their bottom end.

do u have IQ3 or Q3?also IQ1 and IQ3 has same quality and detailed sound?

i don't really much care +5 hz for speaker.

abulgan
04-05-2006, 02:04 AM

what is your amp?

theaudiohobby
04-05-2006, 02:45 AM
tell your thoughts about this Eisa Award Winner Speaker

tried?listened?or already have ?

I have not heard the iQ3, but I heard the Q1 and the iQ5, and these are impressive speakers, with a very open midrange and very stable image. This line of speakers are very fine sounding and have above average sensitivity to boot.

ToddL
04-05-2006, 05:08 AM
Okay I have now heard the iQ3's as well.(I am a Kef dealer). They are being run off of a Nad C320BEE which is NAD's entry level. the iQ3's do bring out more of the bass tones than the iQ1 but the iQ1 is still a smooth bookshelf, but you may want a sub depending on what music you listen to.

abulgan
04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
ok thanks guys

i've just ordered IQ3 from my local dealer ,hope will enjoy it,first my B&W has 49Hz bottom and its very very enough 4 me with KEf has 45 Hz bottom

and second,gonna use my Marantz stereo amp,is Kef okay with Marantz?

GMichael
04-06-2006, 01:12 PM
ok thanks guys

i've just ordered IQ3 from my local dealer ,hope will enjoy it,first my B&W has 49Hz bottom and its very very enough 4 me with KEf has 45 Hz bottom

and second,gonna use my Marantz stereo amp,is Kef okay with Marantz?

Should be fine. This company sells KEF and Marantz in package deals.
http://www.accessories4less.com/

abulgan
04-29-2006, 11:44 AM
guys,

Marantz is ok with Kef?cause my amp doesn't my Kef i guess
Nad is better maybe

SlumpBuster
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM
guys,

Marantz is ok with Kef?cause my amp doesn't my Kef i guess
Nad is better maybe

Huh? Peanut butter, because motorcycles don't have doors.

Next time proof read.

abulgan
04-30-2006, 01:46 AM
i just wanna say Marantz matches with KEf speakers,if not,which ones get well with it

ToddL
05-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Marantz should be fine with Kef. I will let you in on something, Kef and Nad come from the same distributer. If someone is saying that they have to go together they may be trying to take you for a ride. Nad and Kef are a great match but not the only match.

abulgan
05-02-2006, 10:29 AM
thanks,

cause my Amp is much better than NAD

GMichael
05-02-2006, 10:50 AM
thanks,

cause my Amp is much better than NAD

Did you get the KEF's yet? How do they sound to you?

gertjand
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Just picked-up my brand new kef iq3 (http://www.abetterprice.nl/product.asp?productnr=1179) and connected it to my denon avr 3808 (http://www.abetterprice.nl/product.asp?productnr=1268)with different zones Got the iq3 in zone 2 and my old q50 in zone 1. I'm moving all my stuff to zone 2 and let my girlfriend hang out in zone 1....they are just to good to be true! Got a pretty good cable as well for the first time and I think its helps. But what a sound. Nice evenly spread over the full range. No extremes at high or low. My opinion, the best afforable speaker to buy! Bought them for a nice price a a dutch site.

Links are for the very nice selling website. Good service nice price!

audio amateur
12-11-2007, 10:00 AM
That's why I might be buying them pretty soon. Maybe after xmas, but i think they are coming out with a newer edition, SE's. So i might wait a little more. Glad you like 'em.

PS: Welcome to the forum

basite
12-11-2007, 10:08 AM
That's why I might be buying them pretty soon. Maybe after xmas, but i think they are coming out with a newer edition, SE's. So i might wait a little more. Glad you like 'em.

PS: Welcome to the forum

you might wanna check out Monitor Audio's Bronze series too...
The MA BR2 is an exellent product :)

audio amateur
12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
yes I have & I personally prefer the laid back sound of the Kefs. They also have a broader sweet spot which is always good.

emv3003
12-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I bought a pair of the iQ3's a month ago and have had them in for the last 2 weeks. They are visually beautiful (dark apple) and sound fantastic. I am running them off of a NAD 720Bee receiver. I am not sure of the benefits of the jumper wire on the back of the KEF's as my home theatre Tannoy speakers do not have this. If someone know something more about this please feel free to let me know whats up with that.

Great sound and anyone who has them should really enjoy them.

raychristenpaul
05-14-2009, 07:46 AM
It's been a while now....and I'm still very happy with my KEF iQ3 with NAD C315BEE amp n cd player NAD C515BEE. I came to this forum with lots of confusion and was looking for a budget set without compromising sound quality and performance of its class. My combination produce warm, clear vocal and on stands it delivers more dynamic clearity. I listen to all sorts of music and iQ3 just deliver them with ease. I do have a problem with deep base and I add active Infinity sub woofer. I brought my set to a party at my friends house who has much larger room and yes iQ3 delivers lots of punch. Friends were totaly suprised on what this size can deliver.

This is my first set and looking forward for a different set....only when I strike GOLD...:smile5:

haboglabotribbin
10-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Sorry for bumpin this, but I saw this in google and just had to sign up to rant the Kef iQ3's. To be short and blunt. I've owned a pair in Maple and bought them blindly referring to only praising reviews on the internets. But these speakers are g'd.. awful and the sound is so full of sh.. I sold them and my ears had to recover.. I kid you not!

I thought Kef was supposed to be this HIFI god amongst gods.. I guess they're just full of it. And the ones who praised them must be plain deaf. Hooked them up to a sony and after awhile to a Rotel r4.

I do however agrree they are stunning looking design wise.. a real pitty they sound like sh..

DPLA
10-24-2011, 10:25 AM
I am new at this forum and as per rules I cannot post a new thread unless I have already done 5 posts!
So maybe some of you can help me with a Kef question. I just purchased new Kef 301 front speakers and decided to add a center speaker. I got the Kef 301c but cannot hear the center chanel well while listening to music and watching movies. It is attached to a Sony STR DE845 receiver. I get a very low sound and when during the movie I am watching via a DVD, the dialog is mostly very low audio and cannot be heard. When I switch to 2 channel audio, everything is fine, but then what is the point of the center speaker if it cannot be heard? Maybe I am doing something wrong and if someone can tell me what I need to do to correct this, will be hightly appreciated. Thanks for your inputs.

tom1967
10-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Agree.....got a set of IQ3s cheap and not good at all comparing them to Pardigm Studio 20s, old Klipsch RB5s or some old polk and Mirage speakers of similar cost. I am 62 and listen at moderate levels. Anything beyond that and the highs distort. I liked the looks and still do, but after owning them can't believe it is a good idea to have the tweeter encased in a vibrating woofer cone and that is my theory of the problem. Beyond that, they sound like two isolated bricks in two channel mode, even with a subwoofer.Mine have been relegated to storage in the garage. Better than the Boston CR8s I put out on trash day, but thats not saying much.