Klipsch Vs. Definitive [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klipsch Vs. Definitive

abulgan
03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
my local Klipsch dealer has invited me too to listen Reference series Speaker for HT demo.i really don't understand that why non-Definitive dealers(especially B&W) talk bad,very bad about Def Company?they don't make very cheap speaker(even considered them made in China)they even don't talk about Dali,Kef or companies like these but Definitive

abulgan
03-29-2006, 10:03 AM
r they really bad speakers?if yes , i do not thinl Klipsch is better than them,

teledynepost
03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
I own a pair of Definitive bookshelf speakers and Klipsch computer speakers. That's no comparison. Dunno what to tell you. The Definitives I have are very compact, good mids and hi-range. The woofer is in the side though, I'm not too fond of that but it does make them smaller. I haven't heard their 'bi-polar' models. It seems kind of silly to have an equal amount of drivers in the front and the back.

Cal Blacksmith
03-29-2006, 01:34 PM
I love Klipsch speakers, namely the Heritage line. The reference line is very good also and many people like them a lot. The RF7 line has been discontinued within the last month or so (possibly a little longer) and there should be some good deals while dealers clear the stock they have.

Personaly, to me a salesman should tell me why a product is worthy of my money, not just put down other brands. If you can't sell me on a products good points, you don't get a sale. I sure hope that it wasn't a Klipsch dealer that was bagging on Dif!

N. Abstentia
03-29-2006, 07:15 PM
I think the bi-polar thing is what most people have against Definitive. It's pretty much impossible to get a proper soundstage when you've got rear firing speakers in your front speakers. Another is their built-in subs. That makes proper sub placement pretty impossible. I remember auditioning DefTech back in the day and was not overly impressed. They were just not for me.

j.4knee
04-01-2006, 12:30 PM
The Klipsch Line of speakers offer tremendous dynamics, the kind of dynamics you can't get with a non horn speaker. I myself prefer the "Heritage" line of Klipsch speakers however their Reference line is an excellent line of speakers although not true horn speakers. Def Techs are decent but IMO the Klipsch offerings produce a better more robust sound. That is the sticky wicket if you will. Personal preferences are so exceedingly varied getting a feel for what you like without auditioning the speakers yourself is tough it is subjective at best.