How to rip music track from DVD movie? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How to rip music track from DVD movie?

Hyfi
01-24-2004, 04:20 AM
A guy at school asked me if I could help him rip the music only from a DVD movie. At the time I said I had no idea. Since I don't even own a DVD player, I'm kinda lost. After thinking about it I wondered if the same thing can be done like I just started using my tape deck.

Can you take a stand alone DVD player and just hook up the audio cables to the sound card instead of a tv? It would seem logical enough.

Has anyone here tried this yet or have any suggestions?

Fifi

ForeverAutumn
01-26-2004, 05:25 AM
A guy at school asked me if I could help him rip the music only from a DVD movie. At the time I said I had no idea. Since I don't even own a DVD player, I'm kinda lost. After thinking about it I wondered if the same thing can be done like I just started using my tape deck.

Can you take a stand alone DVD player and just hook up the audio cables to the sound card instead of a tv? It would seem logical enough.

Has anyone here tried this yet or have any suggestions?

Fifi

Fifi?

When did you become a poodle? Those pain killers are starting to take their toll on you. :p

Jim Clark
01-26-2004, 06:05 AM
Instructions can be found here: http://www.riphelp.com/articles/dvdripping_audioextraction.html

jc

Hyfi
01-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks Jim!