Question about pre-amp setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question about pre-amp setup

kingcu
03-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Here is the description about a pre-amp (Meridian 568) I am looking at:

Analogue Outs: 4 x stereo 24-bit Delta-Sigma DAC. 8 x unbalanced outputs for center, sub, rears, mains and sides or subs. 3 x balanced outputs for left, right and center. Outputs variable between 0 and 3.5Vrms, output impedance 47R. Distortion <0.01%. Noise and hum <-95dB CCIR.

Digital Outs: 4 x stereo SPDIF or MHR on cable, 75R, up to 24-bit precision.

Does this mean that I can use this preamp to hook up a 7.1 system? How about use it for a 5.1 system or just a two speaker stereo system? Thanks.

Resident Loser
03-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Here is the description about a pre-amp (Meridian 568) I am looking at:

Analogue Outs: 4 x stereo 24-bit Delta-Sigma DAC. 8 x unbalanced outputs for center, sub, rears, mains and sides or subs. 3 x balanced outputs for left, right and center. Outputs variable between 0 and 3.5Vrms, output impedance 47R. Distortion <0.01%. Noise and hum <-95dB CCIR.

Digital Outs: 4 x stereo SPDIF or MHR on cable, 75R, up to 24-bit precision.

Does this mean that I can use this preamp to hook up a 7.1 system? How about use it for a 5.1 system or just a two speaker stereo system? Thanks.

A quote from their website (next to last paragraph, just above the specs):

"...This advanced level of connectivity means 568.2 can be used at the heart of any system whether it is being designed for a fan of music or movies. 568.2 can support from two to eight channels, traditional amplification and passive loudspeakers or the advanced design and performance of Meridian’s DSP Loudspeakers. There can be no doubt that this is a landmark product for Meridian..."

...all you need to do is hook-up the required number of amplifiers and loudspeakers...

jimHJJ(...I may not wait to 60...)

kingcu
03-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Thank you for the information.