Blue October [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Blue October

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Has anyone heard of this band? I'm listening to a stream off of their web site now, and it's damn good! I'd put them in a category with bands like Three Days Grace, Thornley, Queens of the Stoneage, etc. This is some good hard rock.

Oops? What's that I hear?...bordering on death vocals. Hmmmm. Not liking that. But otherwise some interesting stuff.

As I type this, I've moved onto the next song which I could consider a dance track complete with electronica beat. This is starting to sound very eclectic indeed.

They have a CD coming out on April 4 (according to their web site, it's their sixth!). I'll be listening to the stream a bit more before making a decision, but it's looking good for me to be picking up this disk.

http://www.blueoctoberfan.com/foiled/audio.php

Edit: I'm a couple more songs into this now and listening to songs from previous albums. There's less of a hard rock and more of an alternative sound to them now. I am totally digging this band.

Slosh
03-26-2006, 03:42 PM
You lost me at Three Days Grace :p

Dusty Chalk
03-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I've heard the name, but that's about all I can claim. I'll give 'em a listen later...mebbe...

ForeverAutumn
04-15-2006, 05:02 AM
Blue October was on Leno last night playing thier new single Hate Me. I take back what I said about the bands that I was comparing them too. That was based on some smaller snippets of songs. After hearing the full song, they don't sound like Three Days Grace at all...not even close.

If you haven't heard Hate Me yet, I'm pretty sure that you will soon. It's a very catchy tune. I first heard it on a survey that I do for a local radio station, then I saw them as an answer to an NTN trivia question last night. And then on Leno, later in the evening. Someone's doing a good job getting them in our faces.

Mr Peabody
04-15-2006, 09:37 PM
BO has played a small show here and they will be participating in a festival style concert called Pointfest, I think in May. I personally haven't liked what I've heard but I think you like more "alternative" than I get into. They must have gotten the attention of some one because they are getting the push in this area from both the AOR and Alternative station.

Mr Peabody
04-23-2006, 05:59 PM
I heard a BO song this weekend called Hate Me that I like, so I will not write them off yet. This may lead to more investigation.

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2006, 08:11 PM
I heard a BO song this weekend called Hate Me that I like, so I will not write them off yet. This may lead to more investigation.

Check out the web site link in the opening post of this thread, Mr. Body. There's a good stream there that plays songs from many of their albums.