Jbl Psw-d110 Help Please [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jbl Psw-d110 Help Please

cameltrophy24
03-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a JBL PSW-D110 powered sub that I bought off of a friend. I had read in other forums about a 50v capacitor being used instead of a 100v one, but since I read it, it has been deleted and I can't find it again. I'm just wondering if anyone else has/ or has had this sub before, and if they've had any problems with it. Mine just randomly "pops" when the gain is turned up. It also "sizzles" a little bit, but that doesn't bother me as much as the popping. Does anyone know if I can replace the capacitors? And if so, how do I go about doing that and where do I get the capacitors? I really like the sound of this sub, when it's working, and I really don't want to get rid of it, yet. I can't really afford a new one right now, and I just gave $40 for this one. JBL had told me before that the company that made the amp board has shut down. So I can't get any help from them. Would it be feasable to replace the entire amp board with another amp, if the cutouts for the board are the same or close? Or can I be able to fix the capacitor problem? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Someone please help. Thanks.:confused5: