paging AUTUMN [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : paging AUTUMN

MasterCylinder
03-22-2006, 07:53 AM
DT in Toronto tonight...........still not going ?

ForeverAutumn
03-22-2006, 09:21 AM
DT in Toronto tonight...........still not going ?

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound!!!

Just kidding. I actually didn't realize that it was tonight.

I will console myself by crying into a martini while watching a brand new Lost episode.

And now, I will lament on how great the show will be by spinning Octavarium, possibly followed by Train of Thought.

:3: (they need some female smilies around here)

MasterCylinder
03-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Spinning DT and drinking a martini ?

I like the way you think -- what's your address again ?

LMAO -- sorry you could not get the seats you wanted...........I was ready to fly to the nearest venue (which would have been the Chicago show) but the date was no good for me........so we will miss the whole tour together.

ForeverAutumn
03-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Spinning DT and drinking a martini ?

I like the way you think -- what's your address again ?

LMAO -- sorry you could not get the seats you wanted...........I was ready to fly to the nearest venue (which would have been the Chicago show) but the date was no good for me........so we will miss the whole tour together.

I just checked Ticketbastard and tonight's show is completely sold out. It's a wonderful venue, the best accoustics in the city IMO. But it's quite small...only 3500 seats.

I guess that I could go the scalper route if I were so inclined...

MasterCylinder
03-22-2006, 09:37 AM
3500 seats is perfect................if I were you I'd pay the scalpers.

If I were in Toronto tonight, I'd pay the scalpers (if you buy the martinis).

ForeverAutumn
03-22-2006, 09:59 AM
3500 seats is perfect................if I were you I'd pay the scalpers.

If I were in Toronto tonight, I'd pay the scalpers (if you buy the martinis).

Now that's an offer that I definately couldn't refuse! What time does your flight arrive? I'll pick you up at the airport.

Barry, hubby and I saw DT at this same theatre for the TOT tour. It was fantastic. You're right, it is the perfect size. It's a very intimate theatre...not just the size but the layout and atmosphere as well. The theatre is over a 100 years old and every time I walk into it I get giddy with the thoughts of its history. My husband saw Rush there when they were a young band. He also saw U2 there before they hit it big. And we saw Yes perform there a few years ago...just a fantastic venue for them! This is the theatre where Bob Dylan went Electric. Check out my post to Barry and Audiobill for a little bit of it's history. But I digress...if I hadn't been to the TOT show then I would have tried harder to find tickets for tonight.

MasterCylinder
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
That sounds so cool......thanks for the description and the history.

I would love to see DT in that venue and I would also love to spend some time in Toronto.

In addition, it's always nice to find a lady that is not judging by size alone......lol !

Finch Platte
03-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Lose the singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:prrr:

Love,

fp