i can't decide between these two speaker cables:idea:

Acoustic Research Master or Kimber 4VS?

my system is like below:

B&W 602 S3 :17:
Denon Pma-1500RII

lenght of cable i need 5 meters or little bit longer than 15ft

Mr Peabody
03-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I have no direct experience with either but if it was me I'd go with the Kimber based on reputation. Kimber seems to be more reputable and makes products geared toward the high end where AR is budget cable. All the places I've seen AR they have been the cheaper alternative to Monster.

ruadmaa
03-24-2006, 03:18 AM
i can't decide between these two speaker cables:idea:

Acoustic Research Master or Kimber 4VS?

my system is like below:

B&W 602 S3 :17:
Denon Pma-1500RII

lenght of cable i need 5 meters or little bit longer than 15ft

Assuming you are not trying to start the usual cable wars, why don't you just simply go to the home depot and buy yourself some 12 or 16 guage cable for a couple dollars, actually for that short of a run plain zip cord will work just as well. Should you doubt this, simply buy both the Kimber and Acoustic Research cables, compare them on your system with the garden variety of cable. Then return the much more expensive cables for a refund when you find out that they really don't sound a bit different.

bipper
03-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Although 4vs is a very good cable, I would say that the 4tc is definitely a better upgrade. Excellent soundstage, not muddy like the kimber 8tc cable and has cleaner highs. I would personally spend the extra money and get the 4tc cable. Becuase if you buy the 4vs your will definitely end up with the 4tc.

buy it cheap at www.partsconnexion.com for $8 a foot.....

good luck

dont forget used at www.audiogon.com

abulgan
03-25-2006, 01:01 PM
I have no direct experience with either but if it was me I'd go with the Kimber based on reputation. Kimber seems to be more reputable and makes products geared toward the high end where AR is budget cable. All the places I've seen AR they have been the cheaper alternative to Monster.

there's no huge price difference

Kimber 4VS (5 meters) 75 dollars
AR Master (4.5 meters)70 dollars

can i use same cable for both HF and LF in bi-wire setup?or shoud they be different?

also u can advice some other cables 4 me,u know my system,

i don't care Kimber or AR so much.

superpanavision70mm
04-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Personally I would go with neither. I would either go with Cobalt Cable (great prices and solid work) or AudioQuest. I have had success with both, but also with BetterCables, Tributaries, Tara Labs, Miova and Acoustic Zen. It's usually helpful to get a budget in mind and then divide that up into what you can get for that money and do it all in one.

musicman1999
04-15-2006, 05:36 AM
i agree with bipper 4tc is a clear step up and well worth the extra money my theater system is wired with it and am very happy.

bill