My $725 Stereo. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My $725 Stereo.

njspeer
03-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Bought a vintage Sansui 9090db receiver off eBay for $450 (shipped), then I snagged a pair of Bose 901 series II speakers w/ active equalizer for $275 (picked up locally). I hooked all this up to my pre-extisting Apple Airport Express w/ airtunes.

I'm totally blown away by the sound quality. Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" almost rocked the plaster off the walls, and Bob Dylan's voice in "Forever Young" sounds so natural it's almost creepy. Right now I'm listening to Hank Williams "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," and it sounds so good I could cry, especially for the price I paid.

I know, I know. You guys all hate Bose, but I'm tell'n ya, nothing else this cheap could sound so good.

PAT.P
03-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Bought a vintage Sansui 9090db receiver off eBay for $450 (shipped), then I snagged a pair of Bose 901 series II speakers w/ active equalizer for $275 (picked up locally). I hooked all this up to my pre-extisting Apple Airport Express w/ airtunes.

I'm totally blown away by the sound quality. Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" almost rocked the plaster off the walls, and Bob Dylan's voice in "Forever Young" sounds so natural it's almost creepy. Right now I'm listening to Hank Williams "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry," and it sounds so good I could cry, especially for the price I paid.

I know, I know. You guys all hate Bose, but I'm tell'n ya, nothing else this cheap could sound so good.Dont worry what anybody says:incazzato: If you enjoy it that what count.I use my vintage Sansui 771 ,Marantz 1530 and 31 band EQ ,with jbl sub and Braun speaker in the basement.Its all good ,for the joy of music.Cheers

matt39
03-19-2006, 12:07 AM
The 9090b is one of the great vintage receivers. You can find out more about it over at audiokarma.org. The earlier 901's are supposed to be the better ones from what I've heard. Since you snagged the equalizer with them you should be able to enjoy them properly. As Pat says, don't worry about what other people think too much. If you like'em that's what counts. By the way I like your music choices. Not many people listening to Hank Williams these days. Take care and enjoy your new system.
Gary

Florian
03-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Yup, keep blowing the plasters of the wall.

Enjoy :5:

PAT.P
03-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Yup, keep blowing the plasters of the wall.

Enjoy :5:Better blowing blaster of the wall than blowing hot air Flo!:incazzato:

GMichael
03-20-2006, 06:49 AM
Enjoyment is what it's all about. Congrats on the new system.

Bernd
03-20-2006, 07:27 AM

I know, I know. You guys all hate Bose, but I'm tell'n ya, nothing else this cheap could sound so good.

Congrats on your system purchase. Well you opened the door to good sound and musical enjoyment, no going back now. Enjoy.
It's all about the music.

Peace

Bernd:16:

Florian
03-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Better blowing blaster of the wall than blowing hot air Flo!:incazzato:

LOL, i had many systems worse then that and still rocked. You just dont get it :cornut:

ericl
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Nice work! That's a hell of a receiver! You have many options for speakers with a bruiser amp like that. I love that you're combining old and new technologies. The airport express rocks, I love mine. add a DAC later and you can get nice upgrade in sound quality too, using the airport's optical output.

PAT.P
03-20-2006, 11:32 AM
LOL, i had many systems worse then that and still rocked. You just dont get it :cornut:Some things I get ,some things I dont want to get !:ihih:BTW stop Mooning

Woochifer
03-20-2006, 12:23 PM

And I presume that you heard all the other options out there at the $725 price point before making your universal proclamation? Not much about the 901 sounds "natural" if you know how wide an instrument's soundstage actually sounds in person.

njspeer
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
And I presume that you heard all the other options out there at the $725 price point before making your universal proclamation? Not much about the 901 sounds "natural" if you know how wide an instrument's soundstage actually sounds in person.

I've been using my ears for 31 years now. I can assure you I know "sounds natural" when I hear it. I don't have to know what the original source sounded like to say something sounds natural. That information would be required to answer the question: How accurately do the speakers reproduce sounds? Answer: I don't know I wasn't there when the records were made. But these speakers sound so natural it's absolutely fascinating. And the fact that siver-cable-buying, green-painting-the-edges-of-their-CDs, wine-tasting, accurate-stage-repoduction-obsessed audiophiles hate them is just an added bonus.

GMichael
03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
I've been using my ears for 31 years now. I can assure you I know "sounds natural" when I hear it. I don't have to know what the original source sounded like to say something sounds natural. That information would be required to answer the question: How accurately do the speakers reproduce sounds? Answer: I don't know I wasn't there when the records were made. But these speakers sound so natural it's absolutely fascinating. And the fact that siver-cable-buying, green-painting-the-edges-of-their-CDs, wine-tasting, accurate-stage-repoduction-obsessed audiophiles hate them is just an added bonus.

If "natural" is not the same as "accurate" then how do you define "natural"? What do you mean by this?

markw
03-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I've been using my ears for 31 years now. I can assure you I know "sounds natural" when I hear it. I don't have to know what the original source sounded like to say something sounds natural. That information would be required to answer the question: How accurately do the speakers reproduce sounds? Answer: I don't know I wasn't there when the records were made. But these speakers sound so natural it's absolutely fascinating. And the fact that siver-cable-buying, green-painting-the-edges-of-their-CDs, wine-tasting, accurate-stage-repoduction-obsessed audiophiles hate them is just an added bonus.Properly set up 901s can sound quite natural with certain types of music. They can emulate a full scale orchestra from a seating position towards the rear of a concert hall quite well. Then again, there is virtually no "stereo spread" in a concert hall once you go back 5 rows or so. The organ and tympani sounds are a little weak, as is most percussion such as triangles, wood blocks, etc...

Of course, for other music they tend to lack.

And, yes, you do have to have a good idea of what "real" music sounds like to make a judgment like that. Heaven help us when you discover planars.

njspeer
03-20-2006, 04:07 PM
If "natural" is not the same as "accurate" then how do you define "natural"? What do you mean by this?

As a general rule I usually don't define words for people. The reason for this is that outside of mathematics and logic analytic definitions don't exist, but let me try to help you. The word 'accurate' compares two values or sources. In this case it refers to the difference between two signals. You could define accurate in terms of a chi squared value. The word 'Natural' does not necessarily need to refer to a source. You could say "that painting looks very natural" even if it were of a person or thing that never existed, but you couldn't say "that painting is very accurate" unless you knew that there was a source, and what it was. I hope this helps.

markw
03-20-2006, 04:27 PM
As a general rule I usually don't define words for people. The reason for this is that outside of mathematics and logic analytic definitions don't exist, but let me try to help you. The word 'accurate' compares two values or sources. In this case it refers to the difference between two signals. You could define accurate in terms of a chi squared value. The word 'Natural' does not necessarily need to refer to a source. You could say "that painting looks very natural" even if it were of a person or thing that never existed, but you couldn't say "that painting is very accurate" unless you knew that there was a source, and what it was. I hope this helps.You're stating a preference and hoping to justify it by passing it off as "natural". Sorry, doesn't work.

Hey, you love your 901s. Good for you! Others, myself included, were there once. Then we listened to other speakers with an unbiased ear and found what we/they percieved as a more realistic, natural, preferable (or whatever you wanna call it) sound and the cataracts fell out of our eyes. Of course, having been around when Bose first hit the scene and they WERE revolutionary helps me realize where their mythos started and when they simply sat back on their laurels while the rest of the speaker world moved on. ...and I do admire Amars business acumen in fostering that myth from that point on.

Perhaps some day, with more experience, this will happen to you but you're gonna have to work on that hubris problem first. Many refuse to admit that they might be mistaken and that leads to, well, ...nowhere.

It's too bad that you simply categorize anyone who doesn't share your enthusiam or opinion as a horrible audiophile. Thats' gonna go over real well here.

enjoy your bose, fanboy.

Woochifer
03-20-2006, 06:04 PM

In other words, you haven't done any comparison listening, so you have no idea what else is out there at the $725 price point. Therefore, your universal proclamation that "nothing else this cheap could sound so good" has no more truth than if you were trying to convince us that 2+2=5. Typically, people who make a ridiculous universal proclamation will at least list off other components that they've tried for comparison purposes.

As such, your hostility and defensive posture seems more like a preemptive measure for whenever the onset of buyer's remorse begins. Either that, or you're just trolling.

njspeer
03-20-2006, 06:16 PM
In other words, you haven't done any comparison listening, so you have no idea what else is out there at the $725 price point. Therefore, your universal proclamation that "nothing else this cheap could sound so good" has no more truth than if you were trying to convince us that 2+2=5. Typically, people who make a ridiculous universal proclamation will at least list off other components that they've tried for comparison purposes.

As such, your hostility and defensive posture seems more like a preemptive measure for whenever the onset of buyer's remorse begins. Either that, or you're just trolling.

Defensive? That's odd, I was fixing to call you defensive.

BTW, I've had several challanges to my "nothing else this cheap could sound so good" claim, yet the challenges have all been of the form "Bose sucks," or "you didn't listen to every stereo-component combanation that could be bought for $725." If you think you could put together a better sounding system for less, tell me what you would buy.

markw
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
And, from my memories of when these were new ('73) and having heard the current series Bose from that era, even then I preferred the 26's.

So, as far as the better sound for dollar value, I'll see your $275 901's and raise you some $150 L-26's. ...and I bought the Marantz 2270 that's driving them in '73 for $350 so I'm still in the bargain basement category.

Of course, this is just my opinion. ..just like yours is. The difference here is that, unlike you, I'm not trying to force it down everyones throat and call everyone who doesn't agree with me names.

Wooch is right. You're a troll.

Woochifer
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Defensive? That's odd, I was fixing to call you defensive.

BTW, I've had several challanges to my "nothing else this cheap could sound so good" claim, yet the challenges have all been of the form "Bose sucks," or "you didn't listen to every stereo-component combanation that could be bought for $725." If you think you could put together a better sounding system for less, tell me what you would buy.

Pretty funny and defensive that you would ask anyone what they'd buy for $725, when you still refuse to offer up what your basis of comparison is for proclaiming that "nothing else this cheap could sound so good". With a bold statement like that, I would presume that you compared plenty of systems, and carefully considered their characteristics along with your preferences before deciding on the 901s.

If "nothing else" can compare to your 901s, then you MUST have heard something that gets blown away by the "natural" reproduction that those speakers offer up. Very interesting to hear what competing speakers you would offer up at the sacrificial altar of Bose. As such, I can name plenty of vintage speakers in that same general price range that I much preferred to the Bose 901 -- the Boston Acoustics A400, various models from Advent and AR, among others. Unlike you though, I don't claim that "nothing else" will top those choices, even if for my preferences, the 901s sound as fake as any home theater receiver's "STADIUM" or "CONCERT HALL" DSP mode.

See, I don't take issue with personal preferences. If you love your Bose 901s, fine, enjoy them. But, when you stretch those preferences into universal truth, you'd better have more to offer than "I know what 'sounds natural' when I hear it." Otherwise, your posting pattern thus far makes you nothing more than a troll, and a lame one at that (using Bose as troll bait is such toolness). :sleep:

E-Stat
03-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Unlike you though, I don't claim that "nothing else" will top those choices, even if for my preferences, the 901s sound as fake as any home theater receiver's "STADIUM" or "CONCERT HALL" DSP mode.
I confess I never took a hankering to 901s ever since I heard them back in '72. They are, however, kinda fun to hear once in a while so long as you have a Phase Linear 700 driving them. :)

I rather find my vintage set of Double New Advents provides a more natural perspective.

rw

ChrisY
03-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Im sorry guys, I never wished for it to come to all of this. I had no idea it would. All I can say is Jesus Christ.

GMichael
03-21-2006, 06:39 AM
As a general rule I usually don't define words for people. The reason for this is that outside of mathematics and logic analytic definitions don't exist, but let me try to help you. The word 'accurate' compares two values or sources. In this case it refers to the difference between two signals. You could define accurate in terms of a chi squared value. The word 'Natural' does not necessarily need to refer to a source. You could say "that painting looks very natural" even if it were of a person or thing that never existed, but you couldn't say "that painting is very accurate" unless you knew that there was a source, and what it was. I hope this helps.

Oh no, you see, I never asked you to give me THE definition. I asked you to give me YOUR definition. See the difference? Let me help you with this. I know THE definition. I was just hoping to find out what your twisted definition was. And I was looking for natural, not accurate. Natural as it applies to music. Give it another shot.

Let me give you some more help. I am not a Bose basher. Do you know why I say this? No? Well, you see it's this way. I own a Bose stereo. That's right. My name is Mike, and I own a Bose. And I like it. It has been several minutes sense I listen to it last. I hope to listen to it again on my ride home tonight. What's more, my audiowhatever friends will forgive me. OK, some won't, but most will.

Seriously man, no one is trying to make you feel bad about your system. I bet it sounds very good. Probably better than most 750.00 systems. You got a good deal. I hope you enjoy it for a very long time.

Take a look at my profile. You'll see that my system doesn't cost much more than yours. I use normal speaker wire. It cost me around $30.00 for a 100' roll. The cable from my CD player to the receiver is the cheep 1/8" thick piece of crap that came in the box. I did pick up a $50 monster cable to go from my DVD player to the receiver. (let the salesman convince me that I needed it) I can't hear any difference. Swapped them a couple of times. So, I'm no audiophile. But I don't claim to be either. I just like music.

GMichael
03-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Im sorry guys, I never wished for it to come to all of this. I had no idea it would. All I can say is Jesus Christ.

Not your fault Chris. Let us know how your quest goes.

JohnMichael
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM

Do not worry. We all like a good verbal exchange every now and then. As you see there are some strong feelings about Bose and the need to listen to many types of speakers before purchase.

njspeer
03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Oh no, you see, I never asked you to give me THE definition. I asked you to give me YOUR definition. See the difference? Let me help you with this. I know THE definition. I was just hoping to find out what your twisted definition was. And I was looking for natural, not accurate. Natural as it applies to music. Give it another shot.

I was using the word the way everyone else uses it. In this context the word 'natural' roughly means what you would expect. For example: "that statue looks very natural." Nothing sneaky or twisted going on here. I'm honestly surprised we're even arguing about this. If I heard someone say something sounded natural I would know what they meant, and I certainly wouldn't demand a definition.

Here's a little dialog to help you understand why we shouldn't be having this conversation.

Me: I really like that statue of Amar Bose; it looks very natural.

Statueophile: Nothing about Amar Bose was natural, and by making such a statement I presume you went and looked at every statue ever made?

Me: No, but I've been using my eyes for 31 years, I think I know natural when I see it, and that statue, well, looks pretty natural to me.

Statueophile: define 'natural.'

I hope now you see why this conversation should have never taken place. So lets just go ahead and end it now, before it makes the world a worse place.

JohnMichael
03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I get it. You did not attend GMichael's troll class but you did attend RGA's last word at all costs class.

GMichael
03-21-2006, 03:04 PM
I was using the word the way everyone else uses it. In this context the word 'natural' roughly means what you would expect. For example: "that statue looks very natural." Nothing sneaky or twisted going on here. I'm honestly surprised we're even arguing about this. If I heard someone say something sounded natural I would know what they meant, and I certainly wouldn't demand a definition.

Here's a little dialog to help you understand why we shouldn't be having this conversation.

Me: I really like that statue of Amar Bose; it looks very natural.

Statueophile: Nothing about Amar Bose was natural, and by making such a statement I presume you went and looked at every statue ever made?

Me: No, but I've been using my eyes for 31 years, I think I know natural when I see it, and that statue, well, looks pretty natural to me.

Statueophile: define 'natural.'

I hope now you see why this conversation should have never taken place. So lets just go ahead and end it now, before it makes the world a worse place.

Are you sure that you aren't Lexmark? You skip over the facts and go straight for the insults. Try decalf. It's almost as good. Really.

topspeed
03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I get it. You did not attend GMichael's troll class but you did attend RGA's last word at all costs class.
No, no...

He graduated, although this is such a lame troll that he clearly did so without honors.

GMichael
03-21-2006, 04:01 PM

Hey JohnMichael,

What do you think? Should I keep feeding the new troll? It was getting a little borring without Lex, spanky & soundideas around.

GMichael
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
No, no...

He graduated, although this is such a lame troll that he clearly did so without honors.

Not from my class. Someone else must be teaching advanced trolling. Sure did make me laugh though. Oh, the good ol' days. "I have three speakers. Can you tell me which one tastes the best?"

emorphien
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Congrats on your new system. I'm sure you listened to some other speaker options before discovering the 901s and their supriority. All that matters is you enjoy what you listen to, and that you continue to do so.

I've only heard the 901s a few times, they won't find a home with me but they don't deserve as bad a reputation as the name Bose gets them. I can't say they're great, but they're not horrible and it sounds like you paid a fair price for what they are.

Florian
03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Some things I get ,some things I dont want to get !:ihih:BTW stop Mooning

BTW, stop writing useless stuff

Florian
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Are you sure that you aren't Lexmark? You skip over the facts and go straight for the insults. Try decalf. It's almost as good. Really.

Come one now buddy, where is the insult? Please dont join in on the group of guys who pull out the insult card over something like this.

PAT.P
03-22-2006, 05:02 AM
BTW, stop writing useless stuffAll I could say to your comment is grow up ,get a life .Your just an arrogant ,self-centered ,opinionated leech living under Papa roof.Go and play with your toys in your little Fantasy World.:17:

GMichael
03-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Come one now buddy, where is the insult? Please dont join in on the group of guys who pull out the insult card over something like this.

Huh? That wasn't aimed at you. Sorry if you got hit with a stray.

PAT.P
03-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Huh? That wasn't aimed at you. Sorry if you got hit with a stray.Dont worry about it GMicheal ,Flo got up in one of is "Mood SWING" .He felt neglected and wanted attention:ihih:

GMichael
03-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Dont worry about GMicheal ,Flo got up in one of is "Mood SWING" .He felt neglected and wanted attention:ihih:

I feel so used!

Flo, you could have just asked for a hug.

JohnMichael
03-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey JohnMichael,

What do you think? Should I keep feeding the new troll? It was getting a little borring without Lex, spanky & soundideas around.

Feed away. We need some excitement from time to time.

JohnMichael
03-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Some things I get ,some things I dont want to get !:ihih:BTW stop Mooning

Hey speak for yourself. Some of us enjoy a tall, 23 year old young man showing his bum every now and again.

GMichael
03-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Feed away. We need some excitement from time to time.

I think he ran away. Maybe he'll come back after dark. Try not to make any sudden movements.

GMichael
03-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey speak for yourself. Some of us enjoy a tall, 23 year old young man showing his bum every now and again.

Flo! If you drop the soap, don't bend over to pick it up. Just trying to help.

njspeer
03-22-2006, 03:02 PM
I think he ran away. Maybe he'll come back after dark. Try not to make any sudden movements.

Sorry I can't entertain you as much as you would like. I'm usually very busy during the day.

BTW, I showed this thread to several of my colleges/classmates in the physics department. I told them it was an example of what happens to people who express a liking for a pair of Bose speaks on an audiophile forum. The reactions were pretty good. So far I've showed this to 4 American physics grad students and a Chinese post doc. The grad students all basically said something like "Audiophiles are insane!" he he. The post doc, however, was (still is) very confused. He said "but Bose makes good speakers" and we tried to tell him about how you can't be cool unless you hate what everyone else likes, and about the counter culture and "lets all be different -- together." But I'm afraid he still doesn't understand. Then we type 'audiophiles are insane' into google and got almost 24,000 hits. I'm not sure if this helped or not, but right now my ribs hurt from laughing so much, and I'm supposed to be writing a paper. Ok, back to work.

emorphien
03-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Sorry I can't entertain you as much as you would like. I'm usually very busy during the day.

BTW, I showed this thread to several of my colleges/classmates in the physics department. I told them it was an example of what happens to people who express a liking for a pair of Bose speaks on an audiophile forum. The reactions were pretty good. So far I've showed this to 4 American physics grad students and a Chinese post doc. The grad students all basically said something like "Audiophiles are insane!" he he. The post doc, however, was (still is) very confused. He said "but Bose makes good speakers" and we tried to tell him about how you can't be cool unless you hate what everyone else likes, and about the counter culture and "lets all be different -- together." But I'm afraid he still doesn't understand. Then we type 'audiophiles are insane' into google and got almost 24,000 hits. I'm not sure if this helped or not, but right now my ribs hurt from laughing so much, and I'm supposed to be writing a paper. Ok, back to work.
:lol: It doesn't take an audiophile to be less than enthused with Bose's products. And it doesn't take some magic abuse of physics either.

markw
03-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't think it's physics that this guy and his friends are abusing. Actually, I doubt there were any friends and he's doing the abusing all alone.

GMichael
03-22-2006, 04:11 PM

I think you may be right about audiophiles being insane. Mostly. But I'm not an audiophile. Just an average music lover. Did you forget about me owning a Bose stereo? I really do like it too.

PAT.P
03-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Flo! If you drop the soap, don't bend over to pick it up. Just trying to help.We all know that Flo wont bend for a bar of soap ,he does'nt like anything that looks like a "Box".:idea: But for bait, he does like ribbon:ihih:

Florian
03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
I feel so used!

Flo, you could have just asked for a hug.

:confused5: I was nice the whole time, i commented positively on a forum members decision and i get called and arrogant jerk?

PAT.P
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
:confused5: I was nice the whole time, i commented positively on a forum members decision and i get called and arrogant jerk?Who said jerk?I do recall a statement of arrogant,self-centered,opinionated leech .Did I miss one ?:ciappa:

Florian
03-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Who said jerk?I do recall a statement of arrogant,self-centered,opinionated leech .Did I miss one ?:ciappa:

Wow what a difference that is, my point remains valid. I said something nice and get attacked. I bet you all feel good now. Enjoy!

GMichael
03-23-2006, 06:22 AM
:confused5: I was nice the whole time, i commented positively on a forum members decision and i get called and arrogant jerk?

Not by me. I was talking to the new troll.

The hug is still here if you need it.

GMichael
03-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Who said jerk?I do recall a statement of arrogant,self-centered,opinionated leech .Did I miss one ?:ciappa:

Wow, I could see where he could have mistaken what you said for something else. Now you make nice. Think of all the good times you've had together. Think of your future together. Think of your kids!

GMichael
03-23-2006, 06:28 AM
I said something nice and get attacked. I bet you all feel good now. Enjoy!

I don't. I feel sad. Won't you come back and play?

JeffKnob
03-23-2006, 09:43 AM

So what does being good at Physics have anything to do with knowing what a good pair of speakers are? I am good with computers but that doesn't qualify me to perform surgery.

PAT.P
03-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Wow, I could see where he could have mistaken what you said for something else. Now you make nice. Think of all the good times you've had together. Think of your future together. Think of your kids!It started on Flo comment (post 33) :incazzato:

GMichael
03-23-2006, 11:29 AM
It started on Flo comment (post 33) :incazzato:

He started it! No I didn't. He did! He pushed me! He pushed me first! No I didn't! Yes you did!
If you kids don't knock it off I'll turn this car around. Don't think I won't!

PAT.P
03-23-2006, 11:38 AM
He started it! No I didn't. He did! He pushed me! He pushed me first! No I didn't! Yes you did!
If you kids don't knock it off I'll turn this car around. Don't think I won't!Im the GRANDPA here so I do the driving:ihih:

GMichael
03-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Im the GRANDPA here so I do the driving:ihih:

Ganny will be glad to hear/read that.

njspeer
03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
So what does being good at Physics have anything to do with knowing what a good pair of speakers are? I am good with computers but that doesn't qualify me to perform surgery.

It doesn't. You missed the point of my post.

Florian
03-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Can someone help me out here, what did i do to start anything?

GMichael
03-24-2006, 09:58 AM

I don't remember.

JohnMichael
03-24-2006, 09:58 AM

Sorry my friend but Florian bashing is second only to Bose bashing it seems. I do not know if this is comforting but I got your back. :ciappa:

PAT.P
03-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Can someone help me out here, what did i do to start anything?Why ?Cant figure it by yourself?Answer : It just the way you are !Are you sure you dont have memory loss?

PAT.P
03-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't remember.Sure you do:hand:

GMichael
03-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Sure you do:hand:

I don't even remember what I had for breakfast. Flashbacks from the 70's are killing me.

:5:

PAT.P
03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't even remember what I had for breakfast. Flashbacks from the 70's are killing me.

:5:Those were the days:5:

PAT.P
03-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Can someone help me out here, what did i do to start anything?Our you still trying to figure this one out?

markw
03-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Can someone help me out here...?

Sure. Which way did you come in? ;)

(just havin' fun. I can't resist a straigit line)

armyscout42
04-06-2006, 04:36 AM
FLORIAN, CAN I HAVE YOUR SYSTEM? that's an awesome system...only audiophiles know about your system! apogees and sphinx project amp and behringer ultra curve?
they are also known for making excellent compressors, signal processors etc...you know your stuff....ENVIABLE SYSTEM!

just wanted to let you know BOSE AND THEATER RESEARCH ARE SUPERIOR!
kidding! (- :
comparing the two systems is like living in a mansion in the suburbs and living in a carboard box in the ghetto!

Florian
04-06-2006, 04:41 AM
FLORIAN, CAN I HAVE YOUR SYSTEM? that's an awesome system...only audiophiles know about your system! apogees and sphinx project amp and behringer ultra curve?
they are also known for making excellent compressors, signal processors etc...you know your stuff....ENVIABLE SYSTEM!

just wanted to let you know BOSE AND THEATER RESEARCH ARE SUPERIOR!
kidding! (- :
comparing the two systems is like living in a mansion in the suburbs and living in a carboard box in the ghetto!

Thank you Sir!

You are welcome to stop by for a listen, but the system stays :-) The Behringer is pretty normal but the rest is quite rare :)

GMichael
04-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Thank you Sir!

You are welcome to stop by for a listen, but the system stays :-) The Behringer is pretty normal but the rest is quite rare :)

I'm still waiting on the hand-me-down Maggies.

Florian
04-06-2006, 04:54 AM
I'm still waiting on the hand-me-down Maggies.

Interested in a Magnepan .5 in excellent shape?

GMichael
04-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Interested in a Magnepan .5 in excellent shape?

I think the shipping may be as much as the speaker.

Florian
04-06-2006, 05:06 AM
I think the shipping may be as much as the speaker.

The speaker is around 300 and shipping maybe 150

GMichael
04-06-2006, 05:11 AM
The speaker is around 300 and shipping maybe 150

Thanks, but I'll still have to hold off for awhile.

Florian
04-06-2006, 05:16 AM
Thanks, but I'll still have to hold off for awhile.

Sure thing buddy, if you looking for rare and exotics let me know. I got good connections for such toys.

GMichael
04-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Sure thing buddy, if you looking for rare and exotics let me know. I got good connections for such toys.

Thanks Flo. After our house is done and a few other expenses that we have, I'll be looking for something special.

Florian
04-06-2006, 05:39 AM
Thanks Flo. After our house is done and a few other expenses that we have, I'll be looking for something special.

You have come to the right place then!

Cal Blacksmith
04-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Just to throw a new spin into this mix while waiting for the troll to return.

Regardless of who made your speakers or how much you spent on them they STILL SUCK HALF THE TIME!

GMichael
04-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Just to throw a new spin into this mix while waiting for the troll to return.

Regardless of who made your speakers or how much you spent on them they STILL SUCK HALF THE TIME!

Hey! I'm to comic around here. Where do you come off being funny? Pull it over buddy. Let me see your permit.

JohnMichael
04-06-2006, 10:39 AM

Should we be concerned that Flo and GMichael are trafficking in rare and exotics?

GMichael
04-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Should we be concerned that Flo and GMichael are trafficking in rare and exotics?

Maybe you should be signing up. What would you like us to bring in for you?

JohnMichael
04-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Maybe you should be signing up. What would you like us to bring in for you?

I would like a bunch of small electrostatic panels. I want them installed in two enclosures. I want one facing forward and eight facing the rear with four angled to the right and four angled to the left. I am looking for that concert hall sound. Ya that's the ticket.:idea:

Florian
04-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I would like a bunch of small electrostatic panels. I want them installed in two enclosures. I want one facing forward and eight facing the rear with four angled to the right and four angled to the left. I am looking for that concert hall sound. Ya that's the ticket.:idea:

You need this

http://www.dagogo.com/images/mbl-overview.jpg

Forget planars etc...

GMichael
04-06-2006, 01:22 PM
You need this

Forget planars etc...

Didn't I see these in an episode of Lost in Space?

JohnMichael
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
You need this

Forget planars etc...

How do you happen to have a picture of my system as soon as I win the lottery? I have read some wonderful things about those MBL speakers and electronics. Of course I will also have to buy a home with a room large enough to hear it at its best. Like my friend Flo weren't they made in Germany?

Florian
04-06-2006, 01:25 PM

If you did, then it was the only good part in that movie!

Florian
04-06-2006, 01:26 PM
How do you happen to have a picture of my system as soon as I win the lottery? I have read some wonderful things about those MBL speakers and electronics. Of course I will also have to buy a home with a room large enough to hear it at its best. Like my friend Flo weren't they made in Germany?

Good germans!

JohnMichael
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM

Can you imagine a drunken friend poking at the drivers saying "wow these are cool"?

GMichael
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
If you did, then it was the only good part in that movie!

Movie? Was there a movie?
I meant the TV show.

GMichael
04-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Can you imagine a drunken friend poking at the drivers saying "wow these are cool"?

Only if I can have an electrical field protecting them.

SlumpBuster
04-06-2006, 02:21 PM
You need this

Forget planars etc...

"Dude, I'm gonna smoke some weed outta those hookahs. Wait... Wuddya mean they're speakers? Fine, so they're speakers.... .... I'm still gonna smoke a bunch of weed through them."

Dang, I think I might have actually come up with a good idea, Bong Speakers. I'm calling the patent office.

Florian
04-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey i am in Holland next weekend......build them and i can sell them :cornut:

SlumpBuster
04-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Hey i am in Holland next weekend......build them and i can sell them :cornut:

That's why I could never live on the Continent, with Amsterdam and legal prostitution in Germany, I would not be able to function and would be broke all the time. I spent a typical American "Summer in Europe" when I was in college. When we got to Amsterdam... well, let's just say it was not one of my finest moments.

If it wasn't for American moral repression, I'd be dead. Or at least in an Asylum.

Bernd
04-06-2006, 11:19 PM
That's why I could never live on the Continent, with Amsterdam and legal prostitution in Germany, I would not be able to function and would be broke all the time. I spent a typical American "Summer in Europe" when I was in college. When we got to Amsterdam... well, let's just say it was not one of my finest moments.

If it wasn't for American moral repression, I'd be dead. Or at least in an Asylum.

I am glad you survived the education from the "old country".

Peace

Bernd:7: