Any Down fans here? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Down fans here?

Duds
03-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Good news if you are, they are going to do a European tour, and then either do a tour in the states or head into the studio.

For any not familiar with them, its a metal band made up of members of Pantera, Corrosion of Conformity, Crowbar, and Eye Hate God. the two albums they have put out are excellent metal albums.

Slosh
03-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Wasn't their guitarist the guy from Pantera that got shot dead?

N. Abstentia
03-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Nah, singer and bass player are from Pantera.

Pantera's guitarist (Dimebag Darrell) and his brother Vinnie formed Damageplan. Darrell got shot during a Damageplan show.

Duds
03-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Vinnie has formed his own record label, called Big Vin Records. They have a cd called Rebel Meets Rebel coming out soon, its the Pantera boys with David Allen Coe singing. It was done before Darrell was killed, pretty cool stuff.

I'm actually getting the opportunity to meet Vinnie next week!

Nah, singer and bass player are from Pantera.

Pantera's guitarist (Dimebag Darrell) and his brother Vinnie formed Damageplan. Darrell got shot during a Damageplan show.

-Jar-
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I've always liked their debut NOLA but I didn't pick up or hear the 2nd one. I've always thought of NOLA has a great southern-fried stoner metal album. Not as extreme as any of the bands the guys came from, but very heavy in their own way. "Stone the Crow" is a classic.

-jar

Duds
03-20-2006, 06:42 AM
I hear ya, NOLA is an awesome album. You should definitely pick up the second one, it has some tunes that are very southern fried stoner metal, and some with just flat out heavy riffs.

Stone The Crow is absolutely killer!!

I've always liked their debut NOLA but I didn't pick up or hear the 2nd one. I've always thought of NOLA has a great southern-fried stoner metal album. Not as extreme as any of the bands the guys came from, but very heavy in their own way. "Stone the Crow" is a classic.

-jar