Speaker protection question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker protection question

bennals@optusnet.com.au
03-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Hi.

I've just come across these forums and am hoping someone can help out with a newbie question. I've just purchased a Phase Linear 400 amp on ebay and have come across advice on using in-line fuses to protect my speakers. This is for a project recording studio monitoring system and it won't be pushed very hard, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be safe. Only trouble is, I can't find any info on how I should go about it (apart from calculating what size fuse), so I'd be really appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction. I have basic soldering and cable construction ability if that matters.

Cheers.

Bill.

Cal Blacksmith
03-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Don't worry about it. Plug them in and be done with it.

PAT.P
03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi.

I've just come across these forums and am hoping someone can help out with a newbie question. I've just purchased a Phase Linear 400 amp on ebay and have come across advice on using in-line fuses to protect my speakers. This is for a project recording studio monitoring system and it won't be pushed very hard, but I guess it doesn't hurt to be safe. Only trouble is, I can't find any info on how I should go about it (apart from calculating what size fuse), so I'd be really appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction. I have basic soldering and cable construction ability if that matters.

Cheers.

Bill.It goes in between the ( +) side of speaker wire.Usualy the fuse is inserted in a 2 piece (section )plastic that locks.Radio Shack should have them.

bennals@optusnet.com.au
03-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

Bill.