Oh, Hollywood! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Oh, Hollywood!

JSE
01-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Probably the FLU Medications talking but.........

I am so sick of the hypocritical, liberal, Hollywood political actors and their Crap-o-la. I read this on the drudge report.

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-23-2004/front/story/157605p-138358c.html

It appears that Moby and Margaret Cho have been offended by some conservatives giving them a taste of their own medicine. They are so distressed and concerned that the conservatives have shown such hostility in response to the Moveon.org awards show. Are they freakin serious? Really, are they serious? The whole show was a huge Bush bashing event and Cho was one of the worst offenders. She threw F-Bombs left and right and said Bush could be Hitler is he applied himself. They want to be able to say whatever they want, however they want and to whoever they want but when someone calls them on it, they scream unfair. We can do it to you but you can't do it to us. Boo Freakin Hoo! Maybe one day they will realize they will be taken more seriously when they quit acting like spoiled little hypocritical a-holes. Shut up and act. Quit thinking you are more important than you are. Cho's not funny and Moby needs to go back to wirting commercial jingles. ;)

Sorry for the rant, but these people really really chap my arss.

JS, cough, cough, E

nobody
01-23-2004, 01:42 PM
I pretty much think Bush is the anti-christ, but I kinda agree with you. You can't have it both ways. If you can dish it out, learn to take it. The left has really lost any balls it once had these days.

Oh..I do like Moby's music, but I've seen him on TV a few times and he's about the worst interview there is...some kind of anti-star, don't expect me to be exciting kind of thing. Booooring.

woodman
01-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Probably the FLU Medications talking but.........

I am so sick of the hypocritical, liberal, Hollywood political actors and their Crap-o-la. I read this on the drudge report.

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-23-2004/front/story/157605p-138358c.html

It appears that Moby and Margaret Cho have been offended by some conservatives giving them a taste of their own medicine. They are so distressed and concerned that the conservatives have shown such hostility in response to the Moveon.org awards show. Are they freakin serious? Really, are they serious? The whole show was a huge Bush bashing event and Cho was one of the worst offenders. She threw F-Bombs left and right and said Bush could be Hitler is he applied himself. They want to be able to say whatever they want, however they want and to whoever they want but when someone calls them on it, they scream unfair. We can do it to you but you can't do it to us. Boo Freakin Hoo! Maybe one day they will realize they will be taken more seriously when they quit acting like spoiled little hypocritical a-holes. Shut up and act. Quit thinking you are more important than you are. Cho's not funny and Moby needs to go back to wirting commercial jingles. ;)

Sorry for the rant, but these people really really chap my arss.

JS, cough, cough, E

So, what Flu medication are you taking anyway ... LSD? I find it amazing that you can read something and get a totally distorted view of what's said and what isn't.

Was Margaret Cho offended? Sure, she was at some ferkin' idiot calling her a "slanted-eye whore" because she had the audacity to criticize the prez in a comedy routine. Don't you think that that's something that should offend an Asian-American woman? Nowhere did I read anything to the effect that she was surprised by the reactions from the right, or didn't expect to be criticized by the right-wing fanatics of the land ... I'm quite sure that she would've been surprised if she hadn't been lambasted for her remarks. I guess that it's never crossed your mind that Dubya deserves to be bashed has it? Or, do you think it un-patriotic to do so? Au contraire - that is one of our basic freedoms that must be protected at all costs.

So, these people really, really chap your arss do they?

Well, Dubya and Cheney and Rumsfeld and Ashcroft and DeLay really, really, REALLY chap MY arss. I'm praying fervently that come November we can get rid of the whole bunch of 'em ... never to be heard from again!

JSE
01-26-2004, 10:06 AM
" I find it amazing that you can read something and get a totally distorted view of what's said and what isn't."

Uh, no? I got a pretty good view of what was said and what was not said. Looks pretty much like radical left boo-hooing. They can give it, but they can't take it. Yes, what the one person called Cho was offensive. Was calling Bush Hitler offensive? Yes, I know she did not directly call him Hitler, Blah Blah Blah. But that is what she intended to convey. Why else make that statement? My whole point which obviously blew right over your head was that the Hollywood radical left is a hypocritical bunch of cry-babies.

"I guess that it's never crossed your mind that Dubya deserves to be bashed has it?"

Nope! I think he is doing a pretty darn good job. Terrorist are on the run, the economy is getting better, my 401K is kickin arss. Could he do better? Sure, but I am sure glad he is there now given the alternatives out there at this time.

"Or, do you think it un-patriotic to do so?" Bush bashing that is.....

Not at all. Everyone has that right. My complaint comes when the person bashing turns around and starts crying about the negative reaction they get. Most of these Hollywood political wannabe activist are just doing it because their publicist told them it was the "in" thing to do. Most of them probably have no clue why they "hate" Bush. Take the Dixie Chick singer. She made a statement, got blasted, then stared back pedaling. She looked like an idiot in her interview afterwards. She had no political awareness and no true undestanding of her statement and made no effort to back it up. Why? Because she can't. The interview was damage control for decreased records sales and fan backlash. That's what she cares about, not Bush or Iraq or the Middle East in general. Maybe she would if they bought her records.

Radical Leftist campaign platform. Wah, wah. wah, wah, Bush Sucks, wah, wah, wah, Bush is a Liar (Oh god, I hope I did not summon him?), wah, wah, wah, Top 1%, wah, wah, wah, Oil, Iraq War, No WMD, wah, wah, wah. Sound familiar? Sure it does. How about some ideas on how to improve things, how about some plans, something positive. I know it's a stretch. While the left is belly-aching, Bush is out there getting things done. Maybe not to your satisfaction, but he's doing something. What is the left doing besides crying?

jeskibuff
01-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Nice retort, JSE! I think you pretty much nailed EVERY SINGLE POINT! The only thing you left out was the nude photo of the Dixie Chicks (on Rolling Stone's cover??). Wasn't that like saying: "OK, maybe if we show a lot of skin, it'll take their minds off our total lack of intellect and they'll forget about our stupidity and start buying our records again??"

What is the left doing besides crying?That's ALL they've done since the 2000 election. They never gave Bush a fair shake and NEVER will. Their hero (Slick Willie) got caught so many times and they didn't like it one bit. "You call Bill a liar? OK, we'll call Bush a liar!" Tit for tat. The only difference is that one WAS a blatant liar! "Impeach Bill? Let's impeach Bush!" Maybe someday they'll get a clue that they need something more than baseless allegations to achieve their goals!

Here's a good link for the entertainment value of it: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1063170/posts