Slight Off Topic, but... why oh why don't women listen? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Slight Off Topic, but... why oh why don't women listen?

Worf101
01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
When my son and his mum moved in last August I had a few simple rules. One of em was that, due to the aged nature of the plumbing in my 70 plus year old house... she was to FLUSH CERTAIN MONTHLY UNMENTIONABLE'S DOWN THE TOILET.!!!

Now that being said what do I awaken to at 7:00 this morning? Screams from the basement about inches of water from the backed up sink. Cursing I did my best imitation of a fireman and did the drill. I got out my wet/dry shopvac, towels, disposable clothes, rubber gloves, pipe wrench and snake and desenced into the indoor ersatz swimmin hole. At first it wasn't as bad as it couldve been. Her stuff was soaked and boxes were decomposing left and right, but I managed to get the Ohm Walsh F's, Epicure 201s' and Ohm Walsh 4's out of the drink before too much else happend. The previous sentence is why I posted this here...

I did all I could do to prepare the scene for the inevitable. I then proceeded to crack the drain to the sewer, and as you expect the proverbial hit the fan. I won't bore you with details about my 2 hours of struggle ankle deep in you know what... suffice it to say when I got the plug removed I found three of the unmentionable items looking at me. Imagine, if I was a rich man (might be song there) and had some B&W's, Revels, Dynaudio's or other high priced swag, waitin' in the basement for their turn in the sun?

Which begs the question, why don't women listen???? You tell em and tell em but they don't listen, but they say WE'RE THE DUMB ONES!!!

Da soiled and soggy Worfster :mad:

Worf101
01-23-2004, 12:51 PM
You know what sentence I'm talking about.

Da Worfster

Richard Greene
01-23-2004, 01:05 PM
except when you tell them what to do

JSE
01-23-2004, 01:19 PM
" why oh why don't women listen?"

Oh, they listen, they just don't give a crap. No Pun intended. :p

JSE

Woochifer
01-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Too funny Worf! I guess this ends all the those debates about floorstanding versus standmounted speakers, eh?

And women always like to lay the blame for plumbing backups on the guys' fiberless diets and the resultant certain DAILY (or twice daily, or 20x daily depending on e-coli counts) unmentionables getting flushed into the municipal piping. The nerve of them!

You're a good man for setting that record straight.

Dharris
01-23-2004, 02:25 PM
same reason we don't listen too them; selective hearing.

markw
01-23-2004, 02:32 PM
I honestly believe they think we don't know what we're talking about and givie them petty things to do (or not do) so we can feel "in control".

Believe it or not, sometimes, there's a very good reason for some things, like this time.

Did she suffer any loss in ths flood?

Worf101
01-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Too funny Worf! I guess this ends all the those debates about floorstanding versus standmounted speakers, eh?

And women always like to lay the blame for plumbing backups on the guys' fiberless diets and the resultant certain DAILY (or twice daily, or 20x daily depending on e-coli counts) unmentionables getting flushed into the municipal piping. The nerve of them!

You're a good man for setting that record straight.

She complains constantly about my toilet habits... it's unbelievable. Your posts reminds me of recent Ren and Stimpy episode that has me dying right now....

Thanks for the love guy...

Worf101
01-24-2004, 07:14 AM
I honestly believe they think we don't know what we're talking about and givie them petty things to do (or not do) so we can feel "in control".

Believe it or not, sometimes, there's a very good reason for some things, like this time.

Did she suffer any loss in ths flood?

Well there's the stairmaster she never uses. The stationary bike she never rides. Books she's had since the Nixon administration she never read or only read once... Sound familiar to anyone. My basement was clean when she moved in. Nothing but musical gear and instruments... now it's wall to wall paper's and crap.....

Oh.... the humanity!!!!

Da Worfster :rolleyes:

jamison
01-24-2004, 04:29 PM
its called: CAN'T UNDERSTAND NORMAL THINKING! take the first letter of each of these 4 words and see what it spells LMAO