Has anyone ever heard these? How do they sound? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard these? How do they sound?

psyopwak
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Linn Ninka floorstanders. Has anyone actually heard them?
If you have, what do they sound like?
THANKS

SDS
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Also new to this forum....

I heard the Ninka speakers at a demonstration night at our local Linn dealers. With the equipment they were attached to and with their choice of music the speakers had lots of detail but no great drive from the lower frequencies.

Please remember that this is just my opinion and the fact that I am comparing the sound in the demo with my Linn Isobariks which deliver awe inspiring bass when its needed especially when powered by Linn Klout amps.

The phrase which sprung to my mind was used at the demo of a very over rated record deck - 'can't see the wood for the trees'. That sort of summed up the fact there was lots of detail but not the all round sound of the musicians, be they Led Zep or a string quartet.

By all means go and have a listen. Take your favourite music and see if the soul of the music makes you want to have that 'portrait' of the sound in your home.

Also, ignore what others say - including me..... and just listen before opening your wallet. After all, as you can tell from the varied systems that you see on audio forums, there is no such thing as the right answer.