Hey Jim, you folks ok? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jim, you folks ok?

-Jar-
03-13-2006, 05:32 AM
I wasn't sure if the storms came near you.. I heard they had to close the campus at Kansas State. Anyway, I hope things are ok.

btw, I did get your comps, and I apologize for not thanking you sooner.. I can't believe how many of those songs I really got into.. I think I'm ready to become a Moonbabies junkie.

Take care.
Mason

Jim Clark
03-13-2006, 05:43 AM
I wasn't sure if the storms came near you.. I heard they had to close the campus at Kansas State. Anyway, I hope things are ok.

btw, I did get your comps, and I apologize for not thanking you sooner.. I can't believe how many of those songs I really got into.. I think I'm ready to become a Moonbabies junkie.

Take care.
Mason

We're cool, but it was a bit hairy a couple of times. I'm not sure if the tornadoes hit K-State, but they did do damage in Lawrence.

We actually weren't even home. We went down to Osage Beach in Lake of The Ozarks to entertain the boys for a few days while they're on Spring Break. Not exactly Cancun, but we had a good time. Anyway, we were on our way home from the lake when the storms came through several parts of Missouri. We were hunkered down at a gas station when the closest tornadoes hit. Semi's were sent flipping that completely shut down I-70 and made for an interesting and long ride home on the back roads. The only really scarey part was the appearance of baseball sized hail when we were almost home. We only took one indirect hit before I found an overpass to sit under while it passed. Capped off an exciting trip and nobody we knew was injured so it was OK.

Thanks for asking and you're welcome for the comps.

jc

nobody
03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Glad to hear you're doing OK...but damnit! I'm pissed...I'mk crawling around the room here looking in vain for your Can't Surf in Kansas comp and can't find the damn thing.

And...yes...that was a hint in case you still have my address...

Oh yeah....and Lake of the Ozarks can be fun...the wife and I used to get there pretty regularly. Unfortunately, you're coming from the wrong side to stop by the Elvis is Alive Museum on the drive.