Isoclean Fuses [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Isoclean Fuses

MOON
03-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I would like to suggest replacing your fuses that came stock in your equipment with aftermarket Isoclean fuses. I put one in my MOON W-5 amp and P-5 pre amp.It made a huge difference in the amp, cleaner, more articulate presentation, better soundstage in the sense of focus and scale.

When placed in the P-5 it was definately an improvement , but not to the large extent as it was in the amp, however the improvent justified the purchase of the fuse for the pre.

I will be picking up another fuse soon to go into my cdp. I have talked to people who have had excellent results also placing them in PS Audio powerplants and also in Foundation Research LC conditioners.

For the $30 it cost , the results make them an absolute bargain.

Six Moons review - www.6moons.com/audioreviews/isoclean3/fuses.html

Cheers,

Greg

JohnMichael
03-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I would like to suggest replacing your fuses that came stock in your equipment with aftermarket Isoclean fuses. I put one in my MOON W-5 amp and P-5 pre amp.It made a huge difference in the amp, cleaner, more articulate presentation, better soundstage in the sense of focus and scale.

When placed in the P-5 it was definately an improvement , but not to the large extent as it was in the amp, however the improvent justified the purchase of the fuse for the pre.

I will be picking up another fuse soon to go into my cdp. I have talked to people who have had excellent results also placing them in PS Audio powerplants and also in Foundation Research LC conditioners.

For the $30 it cost , the results make them an absolute bargain.

Six Moons review - www.6moons.com/audioreviews/isoclean3/fuses.html

Cheers,

Greg

The Cable Company is selling the HFT silver/gold fuses that they claim is an improvement. I may have to look into this. Upmarket fuses may be the next big tweak.

TerryB
03-16-2006, 07:05 AM
I've got Furutech rhodium fuses in most of my plugs. These are even more expensive - GBP30 each, from AudioCandy.

Got to be honest - not sure at all. If there is *any* difference, i'd actually say it is detrimental. In my opinion, upmarket fuses, like many tweaks, are less effective the more thoroughbred your equipment is to begin with. If you've got decent equipment, proceed with caution here.

Resident Loser
03-16-2006, 07:47 AM
...bin brought up befo...

Quite recently I might add:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=16087

And BTW, is it just me or is it gettin' shilly in here?

jimHJJ(...FYI...)

TerryB
03-16-2006, 07:57 AM
This thread probably has more worth though, seeing as two of the contributors have actually tried them. The OP i have to say does sound like the type of contributor with a vested interest....

Resident Loser
03-16-2006, 08:37 AM
This thread probably has more worth though, seeing as two of the contributors have actually tried them. The OP i have to say does sound like the type of contributor with a vested interest....

...just looking for some reasonable debate...

There is an ongoing argument re: CDPs (particularly transports) being hardware that recognizes 0s and 1s, on/off, etc...what could be more black and white than a fuse?

It either works or it doesn't...the materials, generally speaking, are irrelevant IMO...you can't make the fusible link portion of a heavier gauge as that subsequently would change it's rating...there are already low-cost fuses avilable with gold-plated end caps for situations where electrolysis/corrosion may be a factor...and for the most part we're talkin' AC here...I'd guess anyone tweeky enough to go for $30 fuses already has some sort of power conditioner on line, what sort of difference could 1 1/4 in. of glass or ceramic encapsulated small-gauge wire make?

It absolutely makes no sense to me whatsoever...

jimHJJ(...ah yes, but someone hears a difference...yeah, OK...)

stevenv
04-12-2006, 07:01 PM

I could not agreed more. Gold? Silver? Fuse!!!! that is a lot of BS to me...

I have tried to short the fuse in my amp with a solid silver plated speaker cable .... good improvement! When I removed the wire it gone back to the old sound... So, now I just keep the wire in :) What fuse mate no fuse is better :) :ihih: