Best way/sources to make your own RCA cables? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best way/sources to make your own RCA cables?

Tahoe Gator
01-23-2004, 07:42 AM
After reading many of the posts here I have concluded that it is as least as good if not better to make your own RCA cables to the proper length. Moreover, I am frustrated by the fact that it is difficult to find cables less than 1m when most of my interconnections are about 1 foot away, leaving way too much excess.

The question is what is the best way to make them, and I mean make a lot of them. I figure I'll have to make several dozen to complete my A/V setup. Tips on which cable type and connectors appreciated; more importantly, what is the best way to attach the RCA jacks? I can solder, but wondering if there is a less teduious solution. Regarding cable: RG6, RG56, or something else?

Any tips on tools, techniques, or sources greatly apprecated.

mtrycraft
01-23-2004, 05:17 PM
After reading many of the posts here I have concluded that it is as least as good if not better to make your own RCA cables to the proper length. Moreover, I am frustrated by the fact that it is difficult to find cables less than 1m when most of my interconnections are about 1 foot away, leaving way too much excess.

The question is what is the best way to make them, and I mean make a lot of them. I figure I'll have to make several dozen to complete my A/V setup. Tips on which cable type and connectors appreciated; more importantly, what is the best way to attach the RCA jacks? I can solder, but wondering if there is a less teduious solution. Regarding cable: RG6, RG56, or something else?

Any tips on tools, techniques, or sources greatly apprecated.

I would try to look around for shorter, pre made ones. Try www.partsexpress.com