Sealed ar.com's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sealed ar.com's

hmmmm
03-09-2006, 04:38 PM
These are my Ar.coms in a very small box used for surrounds. My wife wanted them to disappear as much as possible on the wall, so I just painted them to match. They sound great even up against the wall. They are on a bracket that puts them about 3.5" from the wall.

hmmmm
03-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Wow, those really blend in. I'll try to fix it.

kexodusc
03-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Wow, those really blend in. I'll try to fix it.
Those look great.
Someone wants me to build something similar for them...smaller room with a high wife-approval-factor (WAF)...how do they sound?

hmmmm
03-10-2006, 04:37 AM
I think they sound great. I placed one on the speaker stand and did a blind test with a couple of friends and they couldn't tell which one was ported or sealed. Because they are so small, Madisound recommended that I use rear deflector panels instead of polyfill because you can barely fit in the woofer.

The Avatar is just a kitten with a man's face put on it. I thought it was weird but cool.

Here's the new Black Ar.coms, my DIY t.v. stand, and my PVC speaker stands(I went from 2 tubes to 4). I'm going to do a new pair of ar.com's later this year with some more spectacular stands. I changed the t.v. stand because I wanted it raised a few inches and it was just too much silver for me.
The photo is lousy as usual.