budget speakers. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : budget speakers.

YZdirtrider13
03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
hi, im looking for some PC speakers, i am by no means an audiophile, but i just want some improvment over the harmon/kardon things that came with my dell (im guessing almost all speakers will be)

i want a sub... i have been looking at the logitech X-230 2.1 system, good reviews on c-net but the price seems way to good to be true. i know im being a little greedy (tell me if unrealistic)
but i would like to try to stay around $100... i could buy a sub and connect it to my current speakers (it has a sub out jack) but i still dont think that will help the overall quality much will it?

keep in mind im not looking for surround sound or anything really great like i seem to see ppl talking about on here... just some speakers with decent clarity and a sub.

Thanks in advance

MikeyBC
03-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I have a pair of older Logitec Z-340 2.1 speaker system I carry around in the truck with me, Paid 39.00 USD for them at Staples on sale. and am quite impressed, nothing else near that price can touch them. I also have the small Creative Labs set too but i like the Logitechs better as they have a slightly cleaner laid back midrange and you dont need to jam the sub in a corner to get decent bass like you need to do with the Creative set.