A/V Receiver Stopped Decoding dts Audio? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A/V Receiver Stopped Decoding dts Audio?

Defshep
03-07-2006, 02:55 PM
I just got my Pioneer 815 receiver 2 months ago. Just the other day, it wouldn't pick up the selected dts (my preference) audio, just automatically went to Dolby Digital Tried another dvd player, same thing. Is it possibly a fuse, loose wire? I lost the receipt while moving, so I can't ship it to Pioneer, even though it's under warranty. I love this receiver, so it would be worth it to have it fixed, granted it didn't cost $250! Anyone ever lose dts compatability?

N. Abstentia
03-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Gotta be a setup issue. If it decodes Dolby Digital, it will decode DTS. Make sure you choose the DTS soundtrack on the DVD, and make sure your options for DTS are turned on for the receiver and DVD player.

Eric Z
03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
i had a similar issue- i was able to listen to dts one day and then the next it wouldn't work. it turned out my dvd player reset somehow and was defaulting to dd. hopefully that's the fix for you.

Woochifer
03-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Your receiver should have an option to toggle through the different sound formats. With a DTS soundtrack running, you should be able to "force feed" your receiver into looking for a DTS signal. Sometimes, when a receiver's setup to automatically detect the sound format, it will revert back to either PCM, analog, or DD if it does not pick up a signal flag quickly enough.

As others have said, it's likely you got a setup or connection issue somewhere. The DTS and DD decoding are typically performed on the same processor chip, so it's not like you got a failure on some chip that only decodes DTS.

Wireworm5
03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I had that problem too. For me it was either the optical input stopped working or I didn't have the settings correct for that port. I switched the cable to one of the other optical inputs and it worked again.

Defshep
03-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Thanks, everyone. I'll check it out later today. One problem may be that the input was a reassigned one, due to the fact my digital cable box is only coaxial out, and so are my dvd players (with only two coax in on the receiver) . I'll just reset everything and cross my fingers.