Cerwin Vega CLSC-15 vs E-715 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cerwin Vega CLSC-15 vs E-715

AJH
03-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Cerwin Vega CLSC-15 vs E-715

As far as Bass output and sound..

Which one is better? The E-715 speaker is 2"deeper in Depth. Will that be the difference?:confused:

AJH
03-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Oh well.. just purchased them... I'll let ya'll know.jpg

http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/homeaudiovideo/Classic/clickinimages/clsc215.jpg

Wireworm5
03-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah I seen those in a store in our area. I'm curious to know how they sound. I can't afford to rebuild another HT system so I never bothered to check them out. So please tells us about them. I suspect they kick serious butt and are a major contender for other speakers in this price range.

tparker66
03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
They sound pretty good and since they went with the Horn baffle the highs are clearer.
They were always known for Bass though I found them to sound discolored soundwise.
The highs were so so and bass would thump but not a tight bass sound.

Now they sound much better I would not be ashamed to own a pair or five of them for Home theatre well make that six you can't buy a single.Put a really good Amp on it like the Carver TFM 35X that I have and they would sound really good.

The model I listened to was the Cerwin Vega CLSC-215 Dual 15" 3-Way Tower Speaker $338.25 .They have some Pro speakers that handle 1000 watts and those will definetely hurt you they are model# INT-252 Dual 15" 2.5-way Full Range Speakers.Chain Stores have the Cerwin vega CLSC215 double 15inch 3 way tower 400watt that are mind numbing.

I was surprised how good they have gotten.I have Klipsch CF-4's and Paradygm 9SEmk3's and they do a number on the sound also.

jamison
03-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I used to have a pair of E-715's ... had them about six month got them almost half price ... They do put out gobs of bass but it is what i would call an overboosted bass.. the speakers claim to be 8 ohm compatible however the woofer is 4 ohms and the mid and tweeter are 6 ohms. I ran them off of an adcom GFA 555 amp and it seemed like they were begging for more power... greeat thumpers you wont need a sub with them but the midrange and tweeter are muddy sounding. I bought the speakers for a heated garage thinking i wouldnt need a sub.. After listening to them after a while i finally just got rid of them... I have Klipsch RF-7 in my living room and the cerwins are no where near as accurate... I would recomend the E-715 to anyone who wants a party speaker ... they play loudly and will rattle the walls but if you want accuracy look elsewhere

Wireworm5
03-10-2006, 01:22 AM
I must have been looking at the pro series as their price range was between $1000 to $2000 cdn..