A taste of new Pearl Jam [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A taste of new Pearl Jam

Mr Peabody
03-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I heard a new Pearl Jam song today from the new album. I bought and like Ten but haven't bought anything by them after that album and from the new song I don't think I will break a trend.

There's a couple bands I don't get and Pearl Jam is one. They seem to be able to sell whatever they throw out but I just can't get into it.

Finch Platte
03-06-2006, 11:17 PM
I heard a new Pearl Jam song today from the new album. I bought and like Ten but haven't bought anything by them after that album and from the new song I don't think I will break a trend.

There's a couple bands I don't get and Pearl Jam is one. They seem to be able to sell whatever they throw out but I just can't get into it.

You're living in the past, mannnn. First Gilmour, now Pearl Jam?

Try some Arctic Monkeys or the Strokes or somethin'. :3:

fp

BinFrog
03-07-2006, 05:00 AM
If you haven't liked them since Ten, you won't like them now. Ten was their first, this is going to be their 8th studio album. I love the new song, but I am a die-hard fan who has been with them for the whole ride. You won't hear a new "Alive" or "Black". That's not what they are about anymore.

kexodusc
03-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Pearl Jam is one of the very few early 90's alt-rock groups I can get into. Always liked'em, always will. Don't know why, they aren't very original or cutting edge. Oh well. Sometimes I just need some simple, straight-forward rock music.
They have their hits and misses like everyone though. Their last 2 studio releases (Lost Dogs and Riot Act) were their best since their first 2 releases IMO. Can't wait for this one.

noddin0ff
03-07-2006, 08:27 AM
I remember buying Nirvana's Nevermind when it came out and being blown away. Greatest sound since sliced bread... I got a copy for my brother who then told me to check out this new band Pearl Jam. I bought 'Ten' and was not impressed. "What a let down" I thought. "This band will never last" I thought. 'Where's the talent," I thought. I still have never liked 'Ten'. But I have to say I was wrong on all counts for all their other albums. IMO they keep getting better and more interesting. Still...would've liked to have Nirvana around longer...

Mr Peabody
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
C'mon FP gimme a break, I can't jump at every new thing. I like what I like. In newer bands I like Nickelback for some straight ahead R&R. Shifting into higher gear I like Dizturbed, Stone Sour and Godsmack. But I've been collecting for many years so maybe I am, getting old. Those who think White Stripes, Jet and similar bands are new crack me up, AC/DC has been romping like that for decades.