Earbud ear clips [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Earbud ear clips

jdag
03-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Crazy question. I like earbud headphones (because I can't stand anything inside my ears). But they never stay put. Does anyone know of clips that can be used on earbuds that will hook around ears? I know that some manufacturers sell them, but I like my current earbuds. Thanks, John

Resident Loser
03-07-2006, 07:25 AM
...what's wrong with this picture:

Crazy question. I like earbud headphones (because I can't stand anything inside my ears). Thanks, John

Isn't that like being a little pregnant?

I too don't care much for things in my ears, which is why I opt for on-the-ear or circumaural models, both of which usually provide better bass response.

Is it your activity level that account's for your miseries? If so, I'll venture a guess that hi-fi isn't hi-pri(ority)...why not get some el-cheapo Koss or Sony 'phones, they'll stay put fairly well, except obviously under the most strenuous activity...and starting at around $5 they're essentially disposable.

Of course, if hi-fi is important, there are things like the Etymotic line...unfortunately they do go fairly deep into your ear canal...

jimHJJ(...also quite deep into your wallet...)

P.S. You could Google "sports earbuds" but there aren't any aftermarket clip devices as far as I can see...

teledynepost
03-07-2006, 08:02 AM
I never heard good sound from earbuds-- only in-ear. What do you use?

jdag
03-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Resident Loser - Nice editing of my initial statement! ;-)

I would love to invest in Etymotic or Shure in-ear headphones. But I simply cannot stand anything more than slightly inserted into my ears.

So I was hoping that one of the upper-end manufacturers produced a bud style as I want tiny size and best possible quality...and I want them to stay put. I realize an over the ear design would be much better for sound reproduction.