There is nothing wrong with your television set [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : There is nothing wrong with your television set

Davey
03-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the Outer Limits.

Wow, what happened around here? It went from being the slowest loading website on the net ............ to even slower. And all new colors too! Oh boy ;)

Lisa Germano still rules the airwaves around my place.

hi. this is the story of geek the girl, a girl who is confused about how to be sexual and cool in the world but finds out she isn't cool and gets constantly taken advantage of sexually, gets kind of sick and enjoys giving up but at the end still tries to believe in something beautiful and dreams of still loving a man in hopes that he can save her from her **** life.........ha ha ha what a geek!" -- Lisa Germano

3-LockBox
03-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, this should just about do it. If they're trying to kill a message board, why not just shut it down. I tried to load this site this morning (on my dial-up) and gave up after about 5 minutes. Now I'm at work (on a T1 connection) and its still taking at least one or two minutes to load a page.

And what did they add or improve this time? I don't notice anything different other than the sh;tty 'new' colors. This site was already pushing the tolerance level, now I've had it.

Well...where should we all go now? Audiokarma...here we come!

Maybe this is the kick in the a$$ we all need to move on. It was a great 6 years though, wasn't it?

3LB

NP: ........fugettaboutit

dean_martin
03-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I think that's Eric Estrada over to the right in the "win valuable real estate" ad. Surely that's the death knell.

Dusty Chalk
03-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Actually, it's fine over here, I don't know what your problem(s) is(are). They just changed a skin or something. They're still using the same software as before.

Dave918
03-03-2006, 02:48 AM
I wasn't around yesterday, but all seems fine now. Seems to be loading up much faster than before.

-dave

Finch Platte
03-03-2006, 06:10 AM
"This site was already pushing the tolerance level, now I've had it."

It's always been slow for me, it's part of the reason I don't come here much. But now, I just open a couple of windows and read 3 or 4 posts at Obner while a thread here loads. :^P

elf pee

BarryL
03-03-2006, 07:36 AM
It went from being the slowest loading website on the net ............ to even slower.

I haven't tried it on dialup, which is why I don't post on weekends, but it's just as speedy as it was yesterday.

I hate the fact that I had to log in again, though. I can never remember my password.

Davey
03-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Actually, it's fine over here, I don't know what your problem(s) is(are). They just changed a skin or something. They're still using the same software as before.
Well, I didn't really say anything about the software, but I think they did a vB upgrade and also changed the color scheme. My comment was mainly that the site was having a problem, and apparently soon after my post, they shut it down and fixed it. Seems to be working OK now (well, except for the "slight problem with database" messages that come up every couple page loads for me, and avatars not loading, and a couple other glitches), although I don't personally care much for the bold frames. Todd's always a bit melodramatic ;)

When's the last time you listened to Geek The Girl? Amazing album. Been awhile for me, but I'll probably live with her for a few weeks now to make up.

Dusty Chalk
03-03-2006, 11:33 AM
When's the last time you listened to Geek The Girl? Amazing album. Been awhile for me, but I'll probably live with her for a few weeks now to make up.I really need to get all my CD's together in one place, so that when the urge to listen to a particular disk comes up, I can just pull it out and listen to it.