Taxes in the USA [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Taxes in the USA

GMichael
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Dear IRS,

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat. I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2400) and six hammers (value $1029), bringing my total remitted to $3429.00. Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one 1.5" Phillips Head screw (article from USA Today detailing how HUD pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws is enclosed for your convenience.) It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer

kexodusc
03-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Ha! For the first time in my adult working career I am actually getting a tax refund. $974 CDN (about $860 USD). Why? Because the corrupt, desparate, former minority Liberal government here in Canada tried buying my vote with a fly-by-night tax cut at the 11th hour! (so late in fact that the government had to issue a reviesed tax package to account for the changes that cost taxpayers a few million bucks). Little did they know, new rules preventing expatriate US citizens (who were more likely to vote against the Liberal party) prevented me from casting a vote despite my citizenship, passport, etc. :mad:

I look forward to the newly elected, corrupt, Conservative minority government decreasing the federal sales tax benefiting high income consumers, and removing tax on capital gains, rewarding people like me who have a few extra bucks to invest and probably could afford paying a bit more taxes.

America - you definitely need the 3 party system (well, we have 5 that I know of here). Minority governments throw the platform out the window and just bribe you every 2 years to survive from one election to the next.

God Bless Canada!

Now if we could just get rid of those darn acitvist judges and hippy tree-hugger terrorists..

GMichael
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
3 corrupt parties instead of 2? Actually, we do have other parties. I think they get 3 or 4 points combined most elections. Sometimes a 3rd comes along with deep pockets (or big ears) and makes a dent.