What's the deal with the phlegmatic new look at AR? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the phlegmatic new look at AR?

nightflier
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Am I the only one who's experiencing this? The site is slow as molasses now. It was bad before, but now it's 15-30 seconds per page, and I'm on a T1 connection. Don't even try to do a search, that will take twice as long; it took 35 seconds just to pull up this new thread window. It's unusable and unless they want to loose all their subscribers, they better put some spinach in this site's muscles...

ericl
03-02-2006, 11:29 AM
please be patient, we know it's slow. we're not completely done here..

Florian
03-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah i am on 3Mbit and its slow too. But i have to compliment the audioreview team. Looks good so far, all i would change is the alignment of the pics in the gallery to the bottom.

Flo

Dusty Chalk
03-02-2006, 01:51 PM
'phlegmatic'? At least they're not changing the software again, looks like just a new skin (and maybe a reference to one more machine that isn't up yet? or something? Looks like it's only hanging up on one image -- my [older] version of Opera at home told me which one it was, but neither Mozilla Firefox nor [newer version of] Opera here appear to be telling me). Opera doesn't hang up near as badly as Mozilla does. Mozilla == blank screen until it finishes loading; Opera == you can see, but hourglass doesn't go away.

francois
03-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I believe the slowdown problem is solved. A jar of molasses spilled on the server.

Seriously, please respond if you notice a difference in the forums speed.

francois

Dusty Chalk
03-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Seems fine overe here. Yeah, I think you cleaned up the more-or-lesses. What were you trying to do, a new computer cooling technique? Everyone knows that Wesson Oil is the way to go! Perhaps K-Y jelly is next...that doesn't have any (electrically) conductive properties, does it?

Or perhaps extra virgin...:)

nightflier
03-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Yes, the new look is very nice. I'll have to get used to things being in different places, but it does look modern. Thank you.

Jim Clark
03-04-2006, 07:05 AM
New look doesn't bother me, I kinda like it. No biggie one way or the other.

What has impressed me most is that after a dismal period when I couldn't even use the site due to the unbearable sluggishness is that I'm flying now. This is the fastest I've ever seen this site. Not only is it finally on par with other sites, it seems faster for some reason.

It's about time and kudos to whomever made this place move so freaking fast.

Regards,
jc

L.J.
03-04-2006, 09:45 AM
New look doesn't bother me, I kinda like it. No biggie one way or the other.

What has impressed me most is that after a dismal period when I couldn't even use the site due to the unbearable sluggishness is that I'm flying now. This is the fastest I've ever seen this site. Not only is it finally on par with other sites, it seems faster for some reason.

It's about time and kudos to whomever made this place move so freaking fast.

Regards,
jc

Same here....This has been the fastest since I've been hanging around. Good job!!!!