Eric is still messing with the forums style sheets [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eric is still messing with the forums style sheets

ericl
03-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey Gang,

I'm experimenting with the style sheets for the forums, as you may have noticed. It isn't finished. I need a little help from our engineer. FYI

Feel free to use this thread to tell me how much you love or hate me and the new design.

your pal
eric

GMichael
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
can

't

tell

yet

ev

er

y

thing

is

run

ning

too

slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

to

tell.

Smokey
03-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey Gang,

I'm experimenting with the style sheets for the forums, as you may have noticed. It isn't finished.

Thanks for the new changes. For suggestions, can we have slightly larger fonts on the forums, and may be some background colors (other than current white) :)

ericl
03-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the new changes. For suggestions, can we have slightly larger fonts on the forums, and may be some background colors (other than current white) :)

sure smokem

how about if i alternate background colors like the reviews on this page:

http://audioreview.com/PRD_130465_4290crx.aspx

kexodusc
03-02-2006, 04:35 AM
I think it looks good.

Font size is fine, but everyone can manually increase it in their browsers if need be. Guys like me with business software that forces us to use small screen resolution don't need it any bigger. :D

I miss the line in each row (I just can't think outside the box :D) on the forum's front page. Maybe we could dress that up?

It looks so....futuristic now...we should go black, silver and neon blue like those H/K receivrers and Toshiba HD-DVD players.
Still waiting for the girls...even Parts Express' webpage throws in some eye candy on their page/flyers. ;)

Maybe I'm missing something, but so far this looks like a complete color upgrade for the forums, but nothing too radical which should keep most people happy.

PAT.P
03-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Is there some kind of crank to make it faster?It soooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwww.I have time to drink a coffee .All the rest is cool ,clean.

kexodusc
03-02-2006, 04:55 AM
Oooh...the alternating background color idea is nice....I suggest green and pink.

Geoffcin
03-02-2006, 05:27 AM
My browser is giving me the AR mail with a dark blue backround. Very hard to see the black text against it.

tentoze
03-02-2006, 01:51 PM
I didn't think it was remotely possible for this site to slow down any more than it already was, but for accessibilityand page load times, what was the equivalent of an old Ford Pinto has had 3 of its 4 plug wires pulled off. Accessing from work server (not slow at all, normally), pages take 30-70 seconds to load. From home with highest speed cox cable, takes anywhere from 1-3 MINUTES.

I know there are good intentions and all at work here,but AR is just about unusable for me now.

cam
03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
sure smokem

how about if i alternate background colors like the reviews on this page:

http://audioreview.com/PRD_130465_4290crx.aspx
Adding color wherever you can is a great idea. Now dial up the speed and were in business. After 20-25 seconds to load a page I forget what I was doing.

L.J.
03-02-2006, 05:56 PM
WOW!!! Looking good!!!

How bout adding some color to the smilies? Yes I'm a big kid.....and I wouldn't have it any other way. If not, than hey, what we have is fine... :D :D :D

Great job so far!!!

anamorphic96
03-02-2006, 08:25 PM
The sight looks great. But ever since the change alot of stuff is way to slow. Can someone offer some insight to this problem. Is it just until things get finished ? If it stays this way I will be leaving AR. 30 to 40 seconds for a page to load is getting ridiculous. :confused: :confused: :confused:

L.J.
03-03-2006, 05:08 AM
Come on guys, have a little patience. I seem to be back to speed.

GMichael
03-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Getting better. Great job guys.

dean_martin
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey Gang,

I'm experimenting with the style sheets for the forums, as you may have noticed. It isn't finished. I need a little help from our engineer. FYI

Feel free to use this thread to tell me how much you love or hate me and the new design.

your pal
eric

Of course we love you! The new design's ok too. Things are moving a little faster today. I haven't visited the gallery yet but the reviews and boards are nice. I've noticed that since the pages are loading faster at the discussion boards, I can't view posters' avatars (I get white box with red x). Is this being ironed out or is it my system?

Edit: Avatars are back!

anamorphic96
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Things seem better today. Pages are loading much faster in the forums.

topspeed
03-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Looks great Eric! I really like the new color palette, it's much easier on the eyes than the stark white of yore.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to see a lot more smilies available to us. At bimmerforums, we've got a coupla' hundred to mess with. Not that we need that many, but more versatility would be nice.

Glad to see the speed is back to normal, although I admit I was getting more work done when the site was too slow to tolerate :D.

ericl
03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
YO!

Everything should be back to normal. We identified the problem causing the poor loading times, and fixed it, AND we upgraded the forum vbulletin software. Hopefully things are snapping for everybody.

I'm still experimenting with the colors a bit, but I'm glad you like the changes so far.
I'm going to try and get some more smilies too.

Thanks!
Eric

L.J.
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to see a lot more smilies available to us. At bimmerforums, we've got a coupla' hundred to mess with. Not that we need that many, but more versatility would be nice...

So I'm not the only big kid in tha house. Yes I like using the cute little guys.:D :D :D

dean_martin
03-03-2006, 02:00 PM
All I want to know is whether the picture of Eric Estrada is part of the new look or was it there before the update?

Oh, and btw, is our ericl actually Eric Estrada? If so will you please post a pic of you eating that can of beans from the Butt-hole Surfers video from a few years back?

ericl
03-03-2006, 02:09 PM
:19: :0: :18: :eek: :nonod: :skep: :6: :sleep: :ciappa: :cool:

ericl
03-03-2006, 02:22 PM
:16:
:cornut:
:mad2:
:1:
:idea:
:mad5:
:thumbsup:
:2:

jrhymeammo
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM

Try holding down CTRL key and scroll down or up on your mouse scroll.

Bill K Davis
06-10-2006, 06:07 PM
:12: On the older products only, reviews , it is very difficult to read the dark blue colored titles that alternate with the white. This is a pain . Don't need fancy, need results. This is a great site. Thanks.

Woochifer
06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
A couple of comments from me ...

First, I noticed that the link to the old AR forum archives is gone (or moved somewhere that I can't see). I still have links to some old threads in my gallery profile, so please keep the links to the archived threads!

Second, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but the dark background color on the archived threads makes the text unreadable.

Just a couple of things to pass by you!