dvd flashing [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : dvd flashing

Astro
03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
i have noticed on all dvd players , when you go from a light shot and back to a dark scene you get a whiteish flash. It lasts around a millisecond, just as fast as you blink , because blink and you miss it. anyone know what it is?

edtyct
03-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Why don't you think that it's your TV?

recoveryone
03-01-2006, 07:48 PM
i have noticed on all dvd players , when you go from a light shot and back to a dark scene you get a whiteish flash. It lasts around a millisecond, just as fast as you blink , because blink and you miss it. anyone know what it is?
That is a very broad statement, without giving any details about what type of gear you have or have used in the past. All I can speak for is my own, and I have never witness such a occurence. I watch most of my DvD's in the dark so a white flash would jump out at me if that was happening. Now my first DVD player had a problem holding pitch black (only happen during the credits). But without knowing what gear you have don't expect much of a response.

Astro
03-01-2006, 08:45 PM
That is a very broad statement, without giving any details about what type of gear you have or have used in the past. All I can speak for is my own, and I have never witness such a occurence. I watch most of my DvD's in the dark so a white flash would jump out at me if that was happening. Now my first DVD player had a problem holding pitch black (only happen during the credits). But without knowing what gear you have don't expect much of a response.

ouch, i have been put in my place