Pogues and Saw Doctors in Atlantic City!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pogues and Saw Doctors in Atlantic City!!

thepogue
02-28-2006, 07:38 AM
I got my ticket!! In fact Shanes leading the Pogues...every show could be his last...I've got a spare ticket if one's interested.

Peace-out, Pogue

Bernd
02-28-2006, 07:40 AM
I got my ticket!! In fact Shanes leading the Pogues...every show could be his last...I've got a spare ticket if one's interested.

Peace-out, Pogue

Spoooooky. The Sawdoctors first album is going round as your post came in.Do you know their music? They are an incredible band. Their ex-bass player "Pearce" is a good friend. I spent many happy hours in their company.
Say hello from me.
And Shane fronting the Pogues-wow. Now that is great. Just last week I watched a new documentary on the BBC about his life and songwriting.
Have a great night I am sure you will.

Peace

Bernd

thepogue
02-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Yes...I'm ahugh fan of the Saw Doctors...and I've seen them here in the states a couple times lots and lots of fun! and thier old bass player was one of my favs!! he had great stage presents and I did catch his last tour and show in Virginia at the NORVA. miss him greatly. tell him I'm a hugh fan...in fact I've got a tee-shirt signed (a friend of mine was in Dubland and got that) and there lil promo post cards all over my music room door! this really is a once in a lifetime show...wooohoo...

Peace-out, Pogue

Bernd
02-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Yes...I'm ahugh fan of the Saw Doctors...and I've seen them here in the states a couple times lots and lots of fun! and thier old bass player was one of my favs!! he had great stage presents and I did catch his last tour and show in Virginia at the NORVA. miss him greatly. tell him I'm a hugh fan...in fact I've got a tee-shirt signed (a friend of mine was in Dubland and got that) and there lil promo post cards all over my music room door! this really is a once in a lifetime show...wooohoo...

Peace-out, Pogue

I hear you!!!!!!! Have fun. I am going to the west coast of Ireland in the summer and will stop by at Tuam.
When is the gig? I would love to hear a show report. I am also pleased that Anto has found a new home after his valuable Waterboys stint.
That reminds me. Just got word from the Waterboys headquater that "Fishermans Blues" remastered will be released on May 1st and will be a 2 disc affair with 12 unreleased songs, from the sessions, picked by Mike.Ahh memorys. What a summer that was in Spiddal.
Things are looking up.

Peace

Bernd

thepogue
02-28-2006, 08:18 AM
the shows 11 March and I'll let you know for sure...speaking of waterboys...I found Fishermans Bluse LP...mint in a thrift store!!...gotta love that!! I'll keep me good eye out for that remaster...big ole Wboys fan!!

Peace, Pogue

Bernd
02-28-2006, 08:27 AM
the shows 11 March and I'll let you know for sure...speaking of waterboys...I found Fishermans Bluse LP...mint in a thrift store!!...gotta love that!! I'll keep me good eye out for that remaster...big ole Wboys fan!!

Peace, Pogue

I wish I was on the N17.
I have got the 7 inch of N17. Signed by all of the Sawdoctors and the Waterboys.
The Waterboys were in Manchester on January 29th this year in support of their "Karma To Burn" Live Album. Superb. Support came from Thea Gilmore another great artist that should be huge.A great night and some unruly after show frolics.
I wish I was closer I take that spare Ticket.

Peace

Bernd

agtpunx40
03-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Man, I couldn't get tickets for the DC show. My friend who was supposed to buy our tickets blew it. I guess that goes to show you, don't leave anything as important as a Pogues show to other people. :) Have fun.

thepogue
03-02-2006, 05:18 AM
very cool...I dont think I've heard of Thea Gilmore...I'll give 'em a look see.

Pogue

I wish I was on the N17.
I have got the 7 inch of N17. Signed by all of the Sawdoctors and the Waterboys.
The Waterboys were in Manchester on January 29th this year in support of their "Karma To Burn" Live Album. Superb. Support came from Thea Gilmore another great artist that should be huge.A great night and some unruly after show frolics.
I wish I was closer I take that spare Ticket.

Peace

Bernd

thepogue
03-02-2006, 05:23 AM
well still got that one extra for NJ if you can get there!'

Peace, Pogue

Bernd
03-02-2006, 08:04 AM
very cool...I dont think I've heard of Thea Gilmore...I'll give 'em a look see.

Pogue

Thank you Sir. I tried to capture the flip side also, but it wouldn't show up well (very busy).

As for "Thea Gilmore" I would start with "Avalanche". Her earlier work was released on the "NAIM" Label. Yes the Audio companies own label.

Peace

Bernd