Need some help or advice.....Sorry of wrong forum section...Newbie [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help or advice.....Sorry of wrong forum section...Newbie

sgk5150
02-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Just bought a Sony KDF-e42a10 3 weeks ago and now I am starting to notice a line across the screen when switching zoom modes. It is not in the same place and its purple. It does this when watching regular TV and DVDs. Any thoughts or advice on this????

Thanks in advance.

S

bfalls
03-03-2006, 05:11 AM
I'd never seen it on their TV/flat panels before, but I have on almost all their computer monitors. I can always tell a Sony monitor from a very thin (probably one pixel) horizontal line somewhere on the screen.

I have a 36XBR250 and although I don't see a line what I do have is discoloration from the internal speakers on the sides. I've had it professionally degaussed, but the discoloration returns. It's obvious from the location it's the speakers causing it. Has anyone else experienced this problem---cured it? I'm ready to remove the speakers and use external ones. For a company known for their TVs they seem to have a lot of video issues.

topspeed
03-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately, Sony's QC problems have become rampant in the past few years. Even so, their technology is unquestioned. The SXRD sets are beautiful and my Dad, against my advice, just picked up a 40" Bravia XBR LCD which, admittedly, is the best LCD set I've seen. How long it will stay that way is the real question.

Anywho, you could have a grounding problem. What you'll need to do is isolate the source. Start unplugging source equipment and see if that affects the line. You might also pm Edyct, he's the resident video guru.

Good luck.