NEO:6 Music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NEO:6 Music

Tarheel_
02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Recently bought a Sherwood AVR for our bedroom. The description on this sound format listed it as 'direct sound through the front left/right speaker and matrixed through the center and rears.
I have to admit, it sounds superior over PL II.

anyone read/experienced this format?

GMichael
02-26-2006, 07:45 AM
Recently bought a Sherwood AVR for our bedroom. The description on this sound format listed it as 'direct sound through the front left/right speaker and matrixed through the center and rears.
I have to admit, it sounds superior over PL II.

anyone read/experienced this format?

Yes I have. I like it better than the PL II also. Seems to have better highs & mids and a little more imaging. But it took a lot of switching back and forth to decide.

caniac
02-26-2006, 06:31 PM
I use it every great once in a while, only seems to work well with really high-quality recordings. I do like it better than Dolby PL2, mainly because it provides better bass. I have to turn on my subwoofer with PL2, and I hate subwoofers for music.

musicman1999
02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Don't use them for music myself,but for analog tv and vhs i like neo-6 much better than o pl11.I find it has a much smoother sound.Similar to dts compared to dolby digital.
thanks
bill

L.J.
02-26-2006, 07:54 PM
I never even tried it. I really don't mess with the DSP's and what not. I like sticking to the original source. You guys have sparked my interest though. Perhaps I'll give it a listen

GMichael
02-27-2006, 06:32 AM
I never even tried it. I really don't mess with the DSP's and what not. I like sticking to the original source. You guys have sparked my interest though. Perhaps I'll give it a listen

It works good for when you only have a 2 channel source. It will matrix the others for you. But if you have a multi channel source, I'd stick to what the original is.

kelsci
03-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I liked the DTS neo 6 on the Marantz 5400 receiver than the DPL-2 and the Circle Surround. What I heard was similar to the threads expressed by Caniac and Musicman 1999.

orgasmdonor
03-07-2006, 08:04 PM
On my Harman 635 The Neo 6 takes third place. I like the Logic 7 and the pl 2 better. The 5 channel stereo isn't too bad either. Neo defintely has a sound all its own...probably not for everyone...doesn't seem to work for metal too well. With heavy music you do not have too many mids.

shokhead
03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
PL II works for me after i got into the surround setup for it and adjusted.

GMichael
03-08-2006, 07:29 AM
On my Harman 635 The Neo 6 takes third place. I like the Logic 7 and the pl 2 better. The 5 channel stereo isn't too bad either. Neo defintely has a sound all its own...probably not for everyone...doesn't seem to work for metal too well. With heavy music you do not have too many mids.

I only use the Neo 6 for movies & TV shows. I don't like it much for music of any kind.