where to place these speakers ? need help asap !!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : where to place these speakers ? need help asap !!!

ex-28
02-25-2006, 04:35 PM
I need to mount my rear surround speakers , running 7.1 here , onkyo 803 and polk's all around rti series

Back Room (http://members.shaw.ca/Uniden/temp/5%20Room%20Back.jpg) where should i put them on each end of the window same hight as my sides ?
or mount them on top of the window so i can get them closer togeather ? 4 feet apart ?

also if i mound them on top of window should i maybe have them lying down

if i put them on top off window its 3 feet higher then my middle speakers are

oother picks of my room can be seen here , picks (http://members.shaw.ca/Uniden/temp/)

i know there back rears should be closer togeather but i jsut sure if thats to high or not would like to mount these soon as i get a responce , thanks

paul_pci
02-25-2006, 04:49 PM
If you want more coherent imaging (especially for movies) then you'd place them at roughly the same height as your surround speakers are at. The problem you're going to run into is that they will be at a considerably greater distance from the listening position then are your side surrounds, so be sure to calibrate for that regardless of where you end up mounting them.

ex-28
02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
ya there goign to be far awya but i can up the volume of them to make up for the distance front to back , just dunno where to mount them top of window 4 feet apart or beside window.

kexodusc
02-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Not easy...I think I'd try to mount these on top of the window, but angled downward. Imaging is important, but the rears in a 7.1 are likely the least important for imaging, and shouldn't throw too much off being higher. 4 feet apart is good, but if you're somewhat close to the back wall (6ft or less) you might bring them closer together.

Your side surrounds should be 2-3 feet above your head...lifting those might mitigate imaging concerns.

ex-28
02-25-2006, 05:27 PM
ok thanks , i will give that a try , these back rears are 10 feet from my head so i will have to turn tem up on the reciver to amke up for the distance.