What do you think of H.I.M. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of H.I.M.

Mr Peabody
02-24-2006, 10:01 PM
I saw the video to His Infernal Majestry (H.I.M.) song Tare the Wings Off. The song caught my ear so I checked out some samples. The album that features the song seems pretty good but the songs are similar. A album called Love Metal sounded pretty good as well. These guys are from Finland. I just wondered if anyone here has their music and what you thought. Any recommendations, try, stay away? Thanks

Dusty Chalk
02-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I have all their albums. "Ear candy metal" is what I call it, with a goth-ish slant. Love Metal is actually their least good album. My two favourites are Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 (I know, cheesy title, but at least there's truth-ish in advertising) and Razorblade Romance. Get the two-disk version of the latter.

It's one of those things that appeals a lot on first listen, but force yourself to portion it out, otherwise you could get sick of it very quickly. Like eating too much candy on Halloween.

caniac
02-26-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't particularly care for them myself. They seem like they're just the Euro-ized version of those anonymous emo/screamo groups that are proliferating lately.

It was good when Poison the Well was doing it, but enough already.

Dusty Chalk
02-27-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't particularly care for them myself. They seem like they're just the Euro-ized version of those anonymous emo/screamo groups that are proliferating lately.Except Ville actually sings. So no, nothing like them.

Duds
02-27-2006, 05:30 AM
HIM is nothing like Poison The Well[

QUOTE=caniac]I don't particularly care for them myself. They seem like they're just the Euro-ized version of those anonymous emo/screamo groups that are proliferating lately.

It was good when Poison the Well was doing it, but enough already.[/QUOTE]