Spidey 3 Teaser Poster [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Spidey 3 Teaser Poster

Kam
02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
supposed to be from sony... am pretty sure this is the official teaser poster, and nope, not in black and white... its in color because...... that's the black spidey suit!! cant see who's reflected in his eyes this time though.

http://www.superherohype.com/images/spidey3.jpg

L.J.
02-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Cool!!!

kexodusc
02-24-2006, 09:50 AM
He has a black costume now?
It'll probably be another good DVD at least. To be honest though, I'm more looking forward to X-Men 3. They've been by far the best hero movies so far.

Kam
02-24-2006, 10:34 AM
He has a black costume now?
It'll probably be another good DVD at least. To be honest though, I'm more looking forward to X-Men 3. They've been by far the best hero movies so far.

am pretty sure they wont be following the comic storyline that came with the black costume which goes a little something like this....

Spidey and MJ finally decide to move in together and get married! Yeah! But then, before they can truly sink in and enjoy wedded bliss, Spidey dissapears. Not just from cold feet, but literally off the face of the earth. He is snatched up by this ominipotent/omniscient being known only as The Beyonder (presumably because he comes from somplace more beyond our space or universe, or... from beyonder over there). The Beyonder, while omnipotent and omniscient apparently isnt really all omniscient. Because he wishes to conduct an experiment. He scoops up a good number of superheroes from our planet (including spidey, a few of the xmen, some avengers, the fantastic four, the silver surfer, the hulk, thor, etc) and a bunch of villains (including Dr. doom, the lizard, galactus, doc ock, etc). and creates this asteroidal planet with two "home bases" and dumps everyone on it for a basic free-for-all. The two sides have to battle against each other, and sometimes within each group, because the Beyonder wants them too.

While on this mini-vacation, Spidey comes across some black goo. The black goo has special properties, mainly, it mimics his suit, it covers him just like the suit does, but is all black. It is able to replicate his webfluid on its own (in the comic, spidey used his scientific genius to come up with wrist thingy's that would shoot out the webfluid, it wasnt selfmade like in the movie). The coolest thing about the black goo costume, is that it could 'listen' to spidey's thoughts and became intune with his spidey-sense. If he needed to eat, it would morph out of the way of his mouth, or the costume would entirely change its appearance into street clothes. However, this very same "cool" property soon became a problem.

On the asteroid, good guys fought bad guys, etc. etc. Dr. Doom ends up "winning" and actually absorbs the power of The Beyonder for himself, but then loses it because of the genius of the goodguys, who end up giving the power back to the Beyonder, who learns his lesson having touched the hotplate and sends everyone back to earth... Including spidey with the black costume.

Back on earth, spidey loves the new costume and how it responds to his every thought. It's around this time that we also learn about Eddie Brock, another photojournalist at the Daily Planet. Spidey (i'm not positive on this, am recalling comic history from 20 years back for me) did something to take a job away from Eddie, or disprove something Eddie did, but basically something that got Eddie fired and disgraced. Eddie didnt take too kindly to this and forever harbored a grudge against spidey/peter as so many supervillains are apt to do. The only problem was, eddie was just a dude with no powers.

Now... the costume. How is it able to hear and link up with spidey's spidersense and all that? Well, cuz its ALIVE!!!! The costume is really alive! (said in the heston, soylent-green-is-people voice) (side note, hoping i didnt just ruin soylent green for anyone who hasnt seen it). It's a symbiotic creature that is mentally binding itself to spidey so they will soon become one creature. Once peter finds that out, he aint too happy. So he goes to his good buddy Reed Richards (yep, stretch from the fantastic 4) and asks him for help on how to separate himself from the costume, which, by now, doesnt leave his body (which is really creepy when you think about it but could at least be the best prophylactic ever). Reed figures out that the costume doesnt like loud noises. So more stuff happens which eventually leads Spidey up to a clock tower where he gongs the bells and the ensuing sonic disruption (see... its relate to audio issues too!) forces the symbiote off of him and banished. (i think this happenned here, might be mixing the timeline up a little) But basically its gone and Spidey goes back to his good ol red and blue traditional spidey outfit in all its resplendent glory...

But... you ask what happenned to the black costume? And what was with the earlier eddie brock teaser information? Smart questions both. The symbiote, now removed from its original host, is quite pissed at spidey/peter for dissing him (think of the ultimate jilted lover attitude). So... he is drawn to someone else with equal hate of peter... Eddie brock. Eddie is all too happy to let the symbiote fuse with him and let their mutual hatred of peter join in all its glorious hatred. So is born, Venom. The evil version of spidey. They battle often and for a very long time. (it was soon after this that i stopped reading spidey comics and comics in general, before getting back in to them).

But in general, they all lived happily ever after. And that's how it all happenned.

kexodusc
02-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I knew the Venom story, but that was the symbiotic alien, not the costume. (excellent synopsis, btw).
I haven't bought a Spidey comic in probably 10 years now, but I thunk for sure he's still red and blue in all his glory.

Methinks it looks like a goblin dude in his eye reflection...hard to see though.

Woochifer
02-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Kam -

Good synopsis of the "alien costume" storyline (and why Spidey wore a black costume in the comics for a few years back in the 80s)! I also doubt that if they go with the black costume in Spidey 3, they will follow the "alien costume" storyline from the comics that culiminated with the emergence of the Venom character. It just seems like it would be overly convoluted (and probably very boring) with half the movie focused on just the costume.

But, then again, the black alien costume is part of the origin story for Venom, and if the Spidey 3 includes Venom (rumors are out there), then I guess a storyline that includes the black costume will be needed. I'm not sure though how well that storyline (which took years to play out in the comics) can be compressed into a two-hour movie that already has Sandman on board as a villian, and the looming re-emergence of the Green Goblin with Harry Osborne.

Looking over at the cast listing from Spidey 3, it also looks like the Gwen Stacy character will get her introduction in this movie. This would obviously create a potential love-triangle story, since in the comics, Stacy was Peter Parker's girlfriend well before he started dating MJ. But, like all movie-comic book adaptations, this also messes with the continuity big time because in the comics, Gwen Stacy was killed by the original Green Goblin. And in the movie timeline, we know that the Goblin is already dead and Parker has now started dating MJ.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Spidey series doesn't buckle under the weight of throwing one too many ingredients into the stew like the Batman series did!

Kam
02-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Kam -

Good synopsis of the "alien costume" storyline (and why Spidey wore a black costume in the comics for a few years back in the 80s)! I also doubt that if they go with the black costume in Spidey 3, they will follow the "alien costume" storyline from the comics that culiminated with the emergence of the Venom character. It just seems like it would be overly convoluted (and probably very boring) with half the movie focused on just the costume.

But, then again, the black alien costume is part of the origin story for Venom, and if the Spidey 3 includes Venom (rumors are out there), then I guess a storyline that includes the black costume will be needed. I'm not sure though how well that storyline (which took years to play out in the comics) can be compressed into a two-hour movie that already has Sandman on board as a villian, and the looming re-emergence of the Green Goblin with Harry Osborne.

Looking over at the cast listing from Spidey 3, it also looks like the Gwen Stacy character will get her introduction in this movie. This would obviously create a potential love-triangle story, since in the comics, Stacy was Peter Parker's girlfriend well before he started dating MJ. But, like all movie-comic book adaptations, this also messes with the continuity big time because in the comics, Gwen Stacy was killed by the original Green Goblin. And in the movie timeline, we know that the Goblin is already dead and Parker has now started dating MJ.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Spidey series doesn't buckle under the weight of throwing one too many ingredients into the stew like the Batman series did!

well they are definitely setting up for the series to keep on going. keeping doc conners in the storyline now (the lizard) and if they bring back jjj's son from the moon with the moonrock, that's another villain already with groundwork laid down (the wolfman) and topher grace is supposed to be playing Eddie brock (although not 'officially' confirmed). i hope they do it right and think of this as a series with self contained titles. so that they've built in harry osborne as a future villain of spidey in the past two movies, so i hope they build in some more background of future villains NOW without having them turn into the villain. hopefully they'll do that with topher as eddie brock. give him the backstory now and show how he may come to hate peter parker and end it with him being all menacing and maybe with his own black spidey costume. the other thing they might do (which i hope they dont but treat it as a separate storyline) is the Kraven's Last Hunt story inserting eddie brock into the kraven role to get him into the 'venom' costume since that took place when spidey was still wearing black too. but... who knows, they defn have plenty of material to work with!! just need to pare it down to a good story which they've done so far! fingers crossed here too!

the other issue facing spidey 3 apart from story and villains etc, is the spfx. i thought the spfx in 2 was a vast improvement over 1, but 3 has a whole new team attached to it. the new guy also worked on the other 2, but now is the head man. hopefully wont have any dropoff in quality there.