loading MP3s to portable device//question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : loading MP3s to portable device//question

3-LockBox
02-20-2006, 10:26 PM
I have a folder with my MP3s, now I want to transfer them to my portable device (Sandisk 240) I've used Windows Media Player, and I hate it ,hate it, hate it...

Is there a method or program for tranferring MP3 files to player that isn't so damn conveluted? Media Player makes me go through so many fvcking steps...nothing 'A-to-B'.

I love Napster for this reason. I can click and drag tracks straight to my player (icon). Only problem, they don't do compressed MP3s anymore; they're full size WMAs, and they take too long to download and take up too much space. But I do love their point 'A' to point 'B' operation.

Is there any other MP3 websites or programs that offer point 'A' to point 'B' tranfers?

BarryL
02-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Is there a method or program for tranferring MP3 files to player that isn't so damn conveluted? Media Player makes me go through so many fvcking steps...nothing 'A-to-B'.

Not that that's helpful advice or anything.

I had to load up my sister-in-laws MP3 player and there was nothing straight forward about it. I was able to do it, but now she's peed off about how the thing only keeps its charge for about two hours, and is probably going to get rid of it and get a portable CD player because it's easier to rip disks than create MP3s and get them loaded on the product. I wish I could remember the make of it, but I can't.

You'd think "easy to use" would be one of the criteria a company would have in engineering and releasing a consumer mass market product. May they go bankrupt!

-Jar-
02-21-2006, 06:52 AM
my MP3 player acts like an external hard drive when I attach it to my pc.

I open Windows Explorer and copy the files right to the device that way.

very easy.

Finch Platte
02-21-2006, 07:29 AM
I've used Windows Media Player, and I hate it ,hate it, hate it...

You're not the only one. :mad:

fp

Troy
02-21-2006, 08:41 AM
iTunes is drag and drop. Utterly painless, free and usable on multiple platforms and multiple brand players.

N. Abstentia
02-21-2006, 10:00 AM
I have the Sandisk Sansa 2 gig...I just drag & drop with Windows Explorer. Don't get no easier.

-Jar-
02-21-2006, 11:56 AM
As a computer professional, I must say it amazes me just how many users (and even some people in my department!) look at me with a blank stare when I say "open Windows Explorer."

Man, I just always have that open. At work, at home. It's just so basic to me. I can't imagine not having it. Yet, somehow people get through their day without it. Amazing.

-jar

3-LockBox
02-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I have the Sandisk Sansa 2 gig...I just drag & drop with Windows Explorer. Don't get no easier.

You guys Rock!!!!!

Did it... worked...

Thank you.