Announcement: AudioReview.com Site Redesign! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: AudioReview.com Site Redesign!

ericl
02-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Gang,

In the next few days we will be launching a new design for AudioReview.com. It's much nicer and a updated look.

The forums will also have it's vbulletin software upgraded tomorrow (tuesday) night. You might experience a few bumps along the way, but hopefully everything goes smooth! We've been working on this for a while now, I'm excited to finally get it out the door!

-eric

Bernd
02-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Thank you big boys for all your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

Peace

Bernd

kexodusc
02-21-2006, 04:25 AM
Cool. We getting a jukebox?

Worf101
02-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey Gang,

In the next few days we will be launching a new design for AudioReview.com. It's much nicer and a updated look.

The forums will also have it's vbulletin software upgraded tomorrow (tuesday) night. You might experience a few bumps along the way, but hopefully everything goes smooth! We've been working on this for a while now, I'm excited to finally get it out the door!

-eric

New site looks.... "different". It'll take a little getting used to I suppose. But what the hey I've been here now through 2 major upgrades at least. Thank for the hard work folks.

Da Worfster

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Eric,
The front page looks great!!! My hats off to ya brudda, great work. (putting my hat back on, its coooooold!!!)

topspeed
02-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Looks nice, Eric. Are we linked with AH now? I noticed their music review section on the homepage but always go directly to the forums so I have no idea if we were linked with them before.

GMichael
02-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Cool home page.

Thanks for making a good home for us.

ericl
02-21-2006, 09:41 AM
glad you guys like it, but it's not finished.

stay tuned!

Geoffcin
02-21-2006, 09:58 AM
glad you guys like it, but it's not finished.

stay tuned!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

PAT.P
02-21-2006, 10:39 AM
Eric Thought I had the wrong site! Looks great ,now if we could change the attitude of some of the members(not going to mention their name ,they know who they are)Now we we are new & improve .Thanks Eric for the great work.For the "Big Cheeze" your alright.

kexodusc
02-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow Eric...I just visited the main page...it does look spiffy.
Nice job.

Just a suggestion/question. That front page has always had some interesting polls/industry news on it. For lazy goofs like myself, is there anyway we could get those posted again on the forums pages somewhere, somehow? I generally just link here (directly to the forums)and then search for gear reviews as required, don't remember the last time I started at the main page. I suspect a good proportion of the ar.com membership does the same (at least the forum visitors). I rarely visit the main page now.

Just a suggestion...no big deal either way. Thanks.

ericl
02-21-2006, 11:06 AM
sure kex.. once we get things settled, i will be making more changes and optimizations. It's funny for me to hear some forums members who have been here for ages say they never knew we had a consumer reviews section!! It kind of drives me crazy. Then there's also people who read the reviews, brought directly from google, who never know we have a discussion forum..

kexodusc
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
sure kex.. once we get things settled, i will be making more changes and optimizations. It's funny for me to hear some forums members who have been here for ages say they never knew we had a consumer reviews section!! It kind of drives me crazy. Then there's also people who read the reviews, brought directly from google, who never know we have a discussion forum..

Cool...your hard work in support of my laziness is much appreciated :D

JohnMichael
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks ericl a good thing keeps getting better. I also have to second kexodusc's appreciation for your support of our laziness.