RE: flush mounted floorstanding speakers in wall [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RE: flush mounted floorstanding speakers in wall

viscera912
02-20-2006, 10:21 AM
hello everyone, thanks to those who replied to my previous post. my fiance is all about placing the floorstanding speakers and tv in enclosures in the wall. she doesn't like tv stands and that sort of thing. my question is....how does that affect sound and everything? the speakers im going to get are the Axiom M80's. the family room is 23x18 with hard flooring. thanks!!

jason

westcott
02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Placing floor stading speakers inside an enclosure that are not designed for this application would not be recommended. It can make them much muddier and bass heavy.

Compromise by buying her some furniture or drapes so you can have your speakers where they need to be. :D

GMichael
02-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Placing floor stading speakers inside an enclosure that are not designed for this application would not be recommended. It can make them much muddier and bass heavy.

Compromise by buying her some furniture or drapes so you can have your speakers where they need to be. :D

Interesting twist.

viscera912
02-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I just realized the foolishness of the title of this thread....flush mounting for floorstanding speakers....can you "mount" a floor standing speaker.....ok never mind, please forgive the lack of proper wording, its monday!!! anyway i was afraid of the muddy hyperbass response due to being enclosed but i was kinda hoping to hear from you experts that it would be ok. if you custom install the speakers would it make a difference? or basically am i screwed and need to start budgeting for drapes and furniture :)

bfalls
02-21-2006, 05:08 AM
It would depend on the type/model of speaker. If it's a ported speaker with the ports on the front you may get by with it. If on the rear, no way. A sealed acoustic suspension speaker like the older Advents, some Infinitys would probably be OK. Anything ported to the rear or have a rear-mounted passive radiator wouldn't work.