Opinions wanted Monster A/V cables [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted Monster A/V cables

02-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Are Monster a/v cables worth the money or is there another brand comperable aith a better price?

N. Abstentia
02-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Monster is definitely a huge ripoff. You can get the same cables for 1/4 the price at Walmart or partsexpress.com

There's nothing wrong with Monsters actual product, it's just way overpriced.

Geoffcin
02-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Are Monster a/v cables worth the money or is there another brand comperable aith a better price?

And they work fine. I think I paid like $109.95 for a 2 meter set of (3) Component cables. They have good connectors, and very good shielding. Never had a problem with them, and I don't feel I got ripped off.

kexodusc
02-19-2006, 08:01 AM
I find 99% of cables over priced. Doesn't matter the brand, if I shop a bit, I can usually find them discounted 75% or more. Everyone just picks on Monster because they're the recognized brand name at big box stores.
They aren't crappy by any means though. I use a couple L/R sets I picked up on clearance at Best Buy a few years ago.

Geoffcin
02-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I find 99% of cables over priced. Doesn't matter the brand.

It's a pretty sorry thing too. Only drug companies mark things up more.

GMichael
02-19-2006, 08:29 AM
It's a pretty sorry thing too. Only drug companies mark things up more.

Don't get me started. This could be it's own thread. Co-pay of $30+ for 30 pills, insurance pays them the other 80 to 90%. All for something that cost them $1 or less to make.
Anyway, I found this wire to be a fair deal.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=100-155&DID=7

kexodusc
02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Don't get me started. This could be it's own thread. Co-pay of $30+ for 30 pills, insurance pays them the other 80 to 90%. All for something that cost them $1 or less to make.
Anyway, I found this wire to be a fair deal.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=100-155&DID=7

Man, oh man, you guys have no idea. Since moving back to Canada as an adult with the odd medical problem, I've got more appreciation for just how messed up the health system is. We are basically bending over and letting these drug companies stick their slimy suppositories up our...well you know
I cannot belive how much cheaper prescription and OTC drugs are up here... And there's no reason for it. Their public health care system doesn't subsidize the drug industry. Apparently it's even better in some European countries.
I guess if you never get sick it doesn't matter.
My dad's lucky he has the army's plan, but at his age with his problems he'd have to take out a 2nd mortgage if he was on his own.
Guess we should all be buying Glaxo or Pfizer stock.

GMichael
02-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Man, oh man, you guys have no idea. Since moving back to Canada as an adult with the odd medical problem, I've got more appreciation for just how messed up the health system is. We are basically bending over and letting these drug companies stick their slimy suppositories up our...well you know
I cannot belive how much cheaper prescription and OTC drugs are up here... And there's no reason for it. Their public health care system doesn't subsidize the drug industry. Apparently it's even better in some European countries.
I guess if you never get sick it doesn't matter.
My dad's lucky he has the army's plan, but at his age with his problems he'd have to take out a 2nd mortgage if he was on his own.
Guess we should all be buying Glaxo or Pfizer stock.

I started a new thread in off topics for this.

02-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Favorit brands out there and why?

GMichael
02-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Favorit brands out there and why?

Here is a good thread to read. It may be what you are looking for.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10241

EdwardGein
02-21-2006, 12:13 AM
From trial and error, I use Monster THX cables (subwoofer, component cables etc.) at their basic lowest or mid price levels, and am quite happy with the results and truly believe they give better quality then standard cables of other brands. However, the most expensive cables of each series monster puts out to me don't sound as good as their basic or mid price ones. For instance my sub sounds best with Monsters lowest price THX Sub cable & doesn't sound as good with their more expensive ones. I also recommend buying monster cable new on Ebay for about 1/2 the price you'd buy in a store.