Wiring Diagrams [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagrams

sinergy
02-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Hello All, I just purchased a Samsung 50" DLP w/ Hdmi connection, a Onkyo S680 and a Comcast Motorolla dct6412 DVR.

Confused on what would be the best way to connect these. The DVR and TV have HDMI, so I thinking of going all digital and using HDMI connector. But Im not sure how to connect in the Onkyo Surround sound in. Would I connect it Digital Coax to the TV or the DVR or Do I connect everything through the AVR .. im just plain confused. Anybody have any suggestion ....

paul_pci
02-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Hello All, I just purchased a Samsung 50" DLP w/ Hdmi connection, a Onkyo S680 and a Comcast Motorolla dct6412 DVR.

Confused on what would be the best way to connect these. The DVR and TV have HDMI, so I thinking of going all digital and using HDMI connector. But Im not sure how to connect in the Onkyo Surround sound in. Would I connect it Digital Coax to the TV or the DVR or Do I connect everything through the AVR .. im just plain confused. Anybody have any suggestion ....

you could run the hdmi from DVR for the purposes of video but then you'd need to run a digital audio connection from the DVR to your a/v receiver for the surround sound. Same for DVD players. Unless you have a receiver with hdmi 1.1 switching, that's the way it has to be.

accastil
02-16-2006, 03:42 PM
in this order of priority: for video: hdmi, component video, s-video, composite video...for audio:hdmi, optical cable, coax digital cable..just make sure you have analog stereo cables along with these for nothing beats them for analog 2-ch stereo listening modes.