New Home theater Starter [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Home theater Starter

chips
02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Just got a pair of Mirage om6 speakers and a Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver. All for $499.99 from a seller on www.ThisAintIt.com auctions. My question: Are any of you still using the Mirage om6 speakers(they still look new) The receiver looks good, but I need a remote!

If anyone has a remote for the receiver, please let me know.

Let me know what you think of the deal I got and should I look for the matching center and surround speakers.

thanks for your help

Time to go play!!!

Chips

bfalls
02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't know anything about the speakers, but I have a RX-2095 receiver. I don't have any issues with the 2095, but I have my mains biamped. I know the previous owner of my receiver had issues with bass management, but I don't see it in bi-amp mode. This receiver came with two remotes, a large full-function silver remote and a second room remote. The retail new for this receiver was $1500. I paid half that over 4 years ago. The Yamahas are a workhorse and I know from experience they last a long time ( I had a Yamaha R-8 over 8 years and sold it several years ago for $250). If you are happy with the sound $500 isn't a bad price. The only thing "I think" I miss are the new formats (DLP II, DD Ultra, etc...). As you know, there is plenty of power and although I believe other receivers provide better imaging, the 2095 sounds excellent for HT. You may try a universal remote, but if that doesn't work for you let me know and I may be persuaded into letting go of my second room remote, but I would recommend trying to get the silver remote if you can. Good luck and enjoy the Yammy.

kelsci
02-18-2006, 11:06 AM
The 2095 minus the fact that it does not have the DPL-2 is a great sounding receiver and will do the job for D.D. and DTS 5.1 home theater. You will need a remote to run that unit. Perhaps fart around on E-Bay and see what is there in remotes. For future purchases, never buy anything without that REMOTE.

N. Abstentia
02-19-2006, 06:29 AM
You could always just get a Harmony remote if you can't find an original. Even if you do I'd still add a Harmony :)

chips
02-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Thanks for your help.